SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#408501 - 09/18/15 08:08 AM Ketron's strange behaveor...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
No other arranger manufacturer does this. Believe it or not, Ketron released an OS update for the Audya that no longer allows the use of 3rd party styles on it. Only styles packaged by Ketron direct can play on the units with the new OS.

I have NEVER experienced anything like this. To work around it, one has to try to locate another version of the OS, which is not available anywhere except those lucky enough to get it before it was removed. It seems as if it is not at all available for certain Audya models.

Knowing Ketron, this does not bother them at all. So, something to keep in mind & to be on the lookout for when considering purchasing an Audya unit.

Henni

#408505 - 09/18/15 08:18 AM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
No other arranger manufacturer does this. Believe it or not, Ketron released an OS update for the Audya that no longer allows the use of 3rd party styles on it. Only styles packaged by Ketron direct can play on the units with the new OS.

I have NEVER experienced anything like this. To work around it, one has to try to locate another version of the OS, which is not available anywhere except those lucky enough to get it before it was removed. It seems as if it is not at all available for certain Audya models.

Knowing Ketron, this does not bother them at all. So, something to keep in mind & to be on the lookout for when considering purchasing an Audya unit.

Henni

From all i have heared Ketron is in financial troubles, this may be the ladt nail of their Coffin..

If i was in the market for a new arranger, if this is true the way you say it, i would stay far away from Ketron forever..

Just cant believe this true, you cant take away something people used to be able to do with a software update that also repairs bugs.. Sony tried this once when they removed the abbility to run a Linux OS on playstation 3 and they lost several lawsuits about that and hadt to both pay lots of money and reverse it..

Inagine a performing musician not able to use half his setups after a software update, and having to go on stage 2 hours later...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408509 - 09/18/15 09:38 AM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi again,

I don't want to bad mouth Ketron, but this one is crazy. So, when you buy a new Audya, it will come with OS5.3D. Before taking delivery, insist that the OS be backdated to the unofficial OS5.2A which works for everyone. I can make snippets of many quotes of those that had to go through this excersize.

We have unofficial versions for the Audya 76 & Audya 5 which we users share amongst ourselves (I have to thank AJ for mine). So far we are unable to find an older version for the Audya 4 module, so all with those have to live with the problem for now.

This is a real pity, as the one thing the Audya excels in is creating custom styles from originals right on the unit itself. No other soft/hardware needed & no other arranger can do same.

Henni

#408515 - 09/18/15 10:38 AM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Why is this any different than Yamaha releasing T5 and there is no sound editing, so we have to buy it from them???

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408517 - 09/18/15 11:33 AM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
Why is this any different than Yamaha releasing T5 and there is no sound editing, so we have to buy it from them???

There is basic sound edditing in T5, more then enough to suit most arranger players

And you can create your own sounds fromscratch using Yem, using a pc program to create new sounds is quite refreshing, big screen keyboard mouse works so much better then a small arranger screen

No, what keytron did is like removing the abillity to load user sounds from Yem, or the abbility to play user styles from USB on Tyros

Edited by Bachus (09/18/15 11:35 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408540 - 09/18/15 02:53 PM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: mirza]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: mirza

All my custom voices and drum kits from my Tyros 4 worked fine in my Tyros 5 from the beginning. Took Yamaha a while to get the YEM updates, but improvements every update.

Marcus

#408543 - 09/18/15 03:36 PM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: Henni]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm guessing that Yamaha eliminated the Sound Creator program because only a tiny fragment of the consumers used it. Just a guess, but seemed to make sense, at least to me. Additionally, there are programs available to do this kind of editing in your PC, some of which are free.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#408554 - 09/19/15 12:34 AM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I suspect there are two things wrong with Ketron's operating system:

1. OS5.3D Definitely would not load certain older styles correctly, not even add on styles by Ketron themselves. Some had to re-install styles they purchased from Ketron.

2. OS5.2A Best OS yet, but I suspect any styles created by using this OS can only be played by others using the same OS. Somehow Ketron writes the OS info into the styles. Most likely, because this OS sort of worked for the users but not for Ketron, it is not official & no trace of it can be found from Ketron.

It seems that Ketron is trying to protect it's onboard styles & in doing so, they completely ignored the possibilities of 3rd party styles. Not a good approach for any arranger manufacturer.

Here are some links to verify all of the above:

Discussion 01

Discussion 02

Discussion 03

My reason for posting over here is that this problem might find it's way to Ketron themselves. Although I like Ketron, they feel absolutely nothing for the need or requests of their customers - a well known fact! AJ is trying his utmost best to change this & I give him full credit for his effort.

Henni

#408589 - 09/19/15 03:48 PM Re: Ketron's strange behaveor... [Re: Henni]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I have a Tyros 5 and the original Audya. They both have fantastic features, but nothing beats the live drums and bass on the Audya. What is wrong with you Ketron?, you take perfectly great products and do everything to sour the process! I have OS 5.0a on my Audya, i want 5.2 OS and cant get it, and will not update until you fix this huge problem for users..
This company should be flying like eagles, and yet you are crawling like turkeys. Got people there sabotaging your line? I wonder.
Please respond to us all with some comon sense. I mean really if the Audya could be all it should be you would be selling many more products, isn't that what it's all about?.
Get real ketron with your customers, or it may be too late.!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online