SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40803 - 09/22/03 01:59 PM Kn7 video out to computer??
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi,
with interest I read the post (and solution!) of connecting Keyboard to TV. Indeed a great forum. I have tried (without success) to connect the video-out of the KN7 to the computer-videocard. Hoping neither of the hardware explodes, or something (wow, nothing happened, pfff and hmmm.) So a better way of handling was, ask it to this great forum. Does anybody know if that's possible and IF that's possible (I hope it is ;( ) how to do that?
curious on your reaction,
Cees.

#40804 - 09/22/03 02:35 PM Re: Kn7 video out to computer??
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Cee's

Not sure of the question, or what your teying to accomplish. Are you trying to play a sequenced slideshow through your computer? I know of no way of displaying the slideshow with audio, unless you use Movie Maker 2 (free from Microsoft.)or some other commercial software.

You will have to load the pictures to your movie, and add the keyboard sound. The sound has to be an mp3 or .wma , so you have to record your keyboard song to your computer, and save as an MP3 or .wma. Put them all together, and you have a KN7000 Movie.

Maybe someone has a better way.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40805 - 09/22/03 03:58 PM Re: Kn7 video out to computer??
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I would think that you will only be able to interface the KN7000 Video out to your PC card, if the card has a 'Composite Video' input - that is one which accepts the combined signal of Luminance, Chrominance and Synchronisation signals.
It is also worth checking the video format is correct (PAL/NTSC)see page 186 in the KN7000 manual. If you want the sound through your PC as well, you can of course use the USB link.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#40806 - 09/22/03 06:43 PM Re: Kn7 video out to computer??
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cees:
Hi,
with interest I read the post (and solution!) of connecting Keyboard to TV. Indeed a great forum. I have tried (without success) to connect the video-out of the KN7 to the computer-videocard. Hoping neither of the hardware explodes, or something (wow, nothing happened, pfff and hmmm.) So a better way of handling was, ask it to this great forum. Does anybody know if that's possible and IF that's possible (I hope it is ;( ) how to do that?
curious on your reaction,
Cees.

#40807 - 09/22/03 07:25 PM Re: Kn7 video out to computer??
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by jrw:

HI Richard,
Welcome to the Technics Forum in the Synthzone. I see your first post didn't work out for you but don't give up.
When you want to reply just click on post reply and start typing and then submit when finished. If you want to use the quote like you did on this one, you did ok but then you start typing after the quote comes up in the reply box.
You will do fine with a little practice.
Happy we got your registration fixed up ok for you and that you are now one of us.
best to you
Bebop

#40808 - 09/22/03 10:06 PM Re: Kn7 video out to computer??
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
A little explanation why I want to connect could help. For some tutors it helps when the relevant kn7display is showing on one of my pages. I tried it with a digital camera, but the picture is not so clear. So I thought when the KN7display could be seen on the computer I could easily made a (better) snapshot of the relevant display. So no need to hear the sound, but more the KN7display on the monitor.
I was curious if somebody had tried with success such kind of connection. Kind of best practise.
The answers of Larry and Bill enlightens in any way the direction to further experiment if it is possible indeed
Much appreciated,
Cees

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online