SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#407748 - 09/04/15 07:45 PM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: Hal2001]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
I don't see the importance of the Piano when your gonna play it "in a mix" with a styles etc,......yes a good piano is needed to a point,.....
but, if I wanted a PIANO I'd Buy a Piano of some kind to play solo.
But we all have our preferences,.....it's just that Piano was never mine.

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
If we were good piano players,,,we would understand the importance of a great piano sound and key response..
Personally, I want the best piano sound and key feel, the arranger can offer..I do play piano mode, when I play styles..
It is the sound I demo first..If the company doesn't do a good job on piano...not interested in the other inferior sounds...

It all depends on your playing style how important the piano is. I play a lot of piano with minimalistic acompaniment which makes the solo piano sound and keybed feel quite important for me. Thats the main reason i have an 88 key Kronos under my T5..

The Yamaha grand piano on the T5 is between good and very good when used in the mix. But when used solo its about just okay. Solo piano just requires more dynamics and depth then playing it in the mix. Thats why Donny has other needs for a piano then me and Fran.

The Kronos German grand in the Kronos is about 4Gb and the version in the Krome is 2GB. The PCM sounds of the PA4x total 5.1 GB, which makes makes the version of the Krome the most likely one to be used in the PA4x. It could even be a 1GB version of that Piano, all depends on how they loop the samples and such. but in both these cases it allows for having over 3GB of other PCm samples for all the other sounds which still is huge.

According to the German Korg webside, the PA4x has the streaming engine of Kronos build in, just looks like its not available for user sounds yet. Seems User sounds can only be loaded into RAM. which is a pitty. there is also the limit of 500 user voices max. which really reducess the usefullness of the PA4x compared to Kronos, you just cant have an entire libraray of your very own sounds which would hyave allowed to build your own library

There are also supposed to be localised versions like the Musikant, Asyrian, Balkan and Indian versions. Which have more (1800+) sounds then the 1500 base sounds of the international version. and still have the 400 MB user sample size..

Korg needs to be more open about their future plans, hardware expansionsand updates for the instrument whne they want to make it a huge hit and rival the T5.

In general people that dont want all the expandabillity and user sounds are probably better off with a lower tier model. To ma Korg has allways been about creating your very own sound on top of having great sounds out of the Box. So it requires more then just a great piano espescially where it comes to adding your own sounds and samples.. Having more then just one grate piano sound in the future is what sells a korg...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#407750 - 09/05/15 02:22 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: necdetdoni]
Bachus Offline

A new french demo surfaced on internet

Enjoy..

#407754 - 09/05/15 03:26 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Nice.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#407757 - 09/05/15 04:15 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: necdetdoni]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
If look at 5.50 in this video, (almost at the end) it show a nice feature. Midi to style convert. Very easy steps, and don't sound to bad.
But how this work and sound in "the real life" is another question...... Anyway, a great addon and a nice step forward. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#407758 - 09/05/15 05:28 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus

The Kronos German grand in the Kronos is about 4Gb and the version in the Krome is 2GB.

The German Grand of the Krome is identical to that of the Kronos, 8 velocity layers and unlooped samples. The 4 GB you state for the Kronos are German Grand plus Japanese Grand together, and the Japanese Grand is not part of the Krome.

#407759 - 09/05/15 06:19 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

Enjoy..

Another nail in the coffin of the T5. (Yamaha need to do something quick if they wish to stay in the TOTL Arranger market)

Bill

#407762 - 09/05/15 06:55 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

NEVER Underestimate Yamaha wink ......as for the new Korg I do love the Tiltup Display screen & Black color.... clap

#407764 - 09/05/15 07:35 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: abacus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
I
Originally Posted By: abacus

Enjoy..

Another nail in the coffin of the T5. (Yamaha need to do something quick if they wish to stay in the TOTL Arranger market)

Bill

Does your statement make any sense? Many brands develop and sell their TOLT arranger keyboards. The Tyros 5 came out 2 years ago and yet Korg managed an upgraded Korg PA3X upgrade in the PA4X that almost matches the older Tyros 5. Each have their unique specialized features, but pretty much on par with each other.

Now, somehow Yamaha is suppose to roll over and stop producing TOTL arrangers. Even if Yamaha stop producing their TOTL arrangers, I would still stick with Tyros 5 for years to come because no arranger has surpassed the realism and performance. It would still take Korg years to introduce their next TOTL arranger, while Yamaha's Tyros 6 is just around the corner.

I think more Tyros 4 owners upgraded to the Tyros 5 then PA3X upgrading to the PA4X will in the end. Is their not reports that the PA4X price is more than a Tyros 5. What PA3X owner is going to spend the difference for a PA4X for the few upgrades it offers?

Marcus

#407766 - 09/05/15 07:55 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

Enjoy..

Bill

You got no clue about Yamaha Tyros obviously, and what makes it so popular, sadly almost non of these T5 buyers has much use for these new features on the Pa4x. They just want to sit and play and enjoy whats in the T5...

They are not people that want to create their own stuff, they just want to copy and paste from somewhere and enjoy it playing their favourite alltime tunes..

But outside of the edditing, Yamaha delivers big time...

- sa2 sounds, still nothing on the pa4x that comes close to the automation of sa2 sounds
- organ world, which goes miles further then just a sampled B3 drawbar in Pa4x
- ensemble feature, no clue why its not in the pa4x, as its an awesome liveplay tool
- effects section way more advanced then Korg
- dj, freeplay and session styles, which are a step up from the standard style system, making a much more dynamic option... And dj styles come with a build in chord sequencer, that can also be saved.. Which could be transfered tp other styles with the T6

And what comming up is that they are embedding more and more forms of synthesis and virtualisation into the awm engine..

SCM for acoustic pianos
VRM for digital pianos
FM, VA and other things for synths (same as with Hallion5)
And much much more
Everything being embedded into the AWM2 engine

Yamaha has so much new technollogy in their labs and are on the verge of having transfered everything to a new hardware platform that will debute in the upcomming Montage.

There is even a new drumengine with round robbin and other versatile features in their labs
And they have licensed technollogy for realtime transposing full audio styles..
And much much more..

Korg missed the T5 Mark with their pa4x, unless there are still hidden features they inherrited from the Kronos under the hood. Like real sample streaming from hdd or ssd

#407767 - 09/05/15 08:03 AM Re: NEW..KORG PA 4X [Re: abacus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Not to defend Yamaha but what is so much better in the Korg PA4x then the Tyros 5. Please explain.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online