SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#406933 - 08/14/15 02:05 PM 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live...
Dnj Offline

1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live all one shot songs.....Stereo direct LINE IN from the headphone jack of my MIXER with the S950 on stage today....a few tips from Don Mason and I was off to the races,...lol I had no Idea what to expect so I tried to set the levels best I could and experimented with this fantastic recorder. I know I'll get better at the levels recording myself as I get used to it more,..but it was fun for sure. keys I was pleased with the results,...just wanted to share a few moments I strung together with all here on SZ,....enjoy! headphone

https://app.box.com/s/hqc5o5xrznrp83o8qt7ra0snfiojtgzj

Attachments
tascam-dr-40-handheld-audio-recorder-300x181.png

Edited by Dnj (08/14/15 02:35 PM)

#406936 - 08/14/15 03:10 PM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: Dnj]
KORG80 Offline

Hey Donny. Great Sound!! Those portable digital recorders put out quality audio. I just helped a former guitar student of mine record a video for YouTube. We used a Zoom H4N. He sang and played through my little Roland AC 60 and we input from the amp into the two inputs on the Zoom. Here's the result....................

I also worked on composition/songwriting skills with Ben and when he first ran his song by me I told him I thought the melody was a little repetitive and helped him to change it to what IMHO was a much better song. In the end he reverted back to the way he wrote it and I expect you too will find it a little repetitive. But, hey, he's on You Tube and he's happy as also am I, that I could help this young fellow get his song recorded with fairly decent audio and video.

God Bless,
Don

#406937 - 08/14/15 03:12 PM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Nice and clear, the levels seem fine! Great to hear you playing and singing!

#406938 - 08/14/15 03:31 PM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Really enjoyed the upload. Singing, comping, soloing sounds great. Looking forward to more.

Jerryghr

#406939 - 08/14/15 03:39 PM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Nice and clear, the levels seem fine! Great to hear you playing and singing!

Thanx Don & Don, Jerry, appreciate the listen, headphone ........I was impressed with the quality myself I used MP3 320k mode to save space vs WAV or Broadcast, not knowing what to expect except for Don M's excellent Tascam DR5 recordings,.....whenever I started a song I pressed record, when I ended I pressed stop and so on!! easy to do..once I figure out what levels work best all the time on the unit and on the Kb, Mic etc,.. I wont have to keep looking at the unit when I'm playing.
A nice feature ion the DR40 is "DUAL MODE REC" which uses Two separate Stereo tracks to record the orig & a second backup one that can be set to -3, -6,-12db as a "back up track" in case the original recording clips or distorts which is very kool. It also has multitrack overdub too.. Hope to share more along the way.

Edited by Dnj (08/14/15 03:41 PM)

#406940 - 08/14/15 03:44 PM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: KORG80]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: KORG80
Hey Donny. Great Sound!! Those portable digital recorders put out quality audio. I just helped a former guitar student of mine record a video for YouTube. We used a Zoom H4N. He sang and played through my little Roland AC 60 and we input from the amp into the two inputs on the Zoom. Here's the result....................

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/3_bW-rt2nZ0[/video]

I also worked on composition/songwriting skills with Ben and when he first ran his song by me I told him I thought the melody was a little repetitive and helped him to change it to what IMHO was a much better song. In the end he reverted back to the way he wrote it and I expect you too will find it a little repetitive. But, hey, he's on You Tube and he's happy as also am I, that I could help this young fellow get his song recorded with fairly decent audio and video.

God Bless,
Don

Real clear recording Don....Nice job, I agree these little units do an amazing job with so many great features!!

#406941 - 08/14/15 07:55 PM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: Dnj]
KORG80 Offline

Hey Donny I find it interesting that I just added those same 3 songs to my registrations that I'm working on in anticipation of my performance at my upcoming high school reunion. Last time around there was also a multi piece band that played. This time it's just me and I'm really looking forward to it. A live 8 piece band and their big amps put out a lot of volume. Going on before them is okay but after they've rocked the house with their megawatt amps I would almost be an afterthought with my relaxed sensible volume music. I will be using my Bose this time around. Last time I used myTraynor M8 PA system.
I also like to segue from "Boardwalk" to save the "Last Dance For Me". Seems like a natural thing to do and is very helpful in keeping folks on the dance floor.

#406942 - 08/14/15 10:11 PM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... Sounding good, man ...

Don ... I do a Ben E King medley of "A rose in Spanish Harlem", "Up on the Roof", "Save Last Dance", and "Under the Boardwalk" ... I usually precede it with "Stand By Me" ...

#406943 - 08/15/15 12:14 AM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
About time Donny, I was beginning to think you were a figment of my imagination, worth waiting for old man, added it to my hall of fame collection grin

Now for a few nice slow ballads please.

All the very best,

Col

#406951 - 08/15/15 05:26 AM Re: 1st try with the Tascam DR40 Live... [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
About time Donny, I was beginning to think you were a figment of my imagination, worth waiting for old man, added it to my hall of fame collection grin

Now for a few nice slow ballads please.

All the very best,

Col

Thanx Col....slow ballads coming up soon for you. Hall of Fame Collection? WoW! blush

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online