SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#406179 - 08/02/15 11:40 AM VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The links posted are to products that would expand arrangers/organs up to a complete new level

Garritan: A good way to get started Garritan

Steinberg: Sounds and Effects Steinberg VST

Native Instruments: The Komplete bundles being the best value Bundles look at Sampled & Acoustic + Sound & Design for inspiration.

East West: Moving up in cost, however they really are top notch East West and they also come in bundles.

VSL: For orchestral work these are probably the best there is VSL but it can get expensive. (A number of the sounds also feature in Native Instruments Kontakt)

In addition to packages, there are many VST dedicated to just 1 type of instrument. (A number of links can be found below)

Piano: Pianoteq a sound modelling piano, Ivory possibly the best sampled pianos out there.

Guitar: Real Guitar is probably as good as it gets for acoustic Real Guitar they also do a good Stratocaster Real Strat

Organ Electronic: VB3 for a top notch Hammond and Vintage Organs Vintage Organs (which is included in the Native Instrument Komplete bundles) which as well as Hammond includes other popular organs.

Organ Classic/Theatre: Pipe Organ is probably the best there is at the moment.

Drums: Toontracks EzDrummer is good to get you going, however popular is BFD BFD

There are of course many others which a quick google search will find.

If you compare the prices of add on packages for arrangers/organs, you will soon come to the conclusion that they are very poor value compared to VST, as the VST gives you far more sounds and features, plus a quality of sound that leaves any current arranger/organ on the market sounding pretty shabby.

Hope this peaks your interest

Bill

#406180 - 08/02/15 12:31 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

This whole VST thing just confuses me, ....why would anyone buy let's say buy $5000.00 arranger like a Tyros5 and then want to additionally buy VSTs sounds ? why not just us a controller and a Pc or vArranger, etc...what is a person looking for in using these VST sounds vs the factory ones that sound amazing IMO already? ...isn't the arranger Kb enough to make great music?...seems like a big waste of money to me,.....but I could be wrong..
personally I wouldnt buy them or use them. Someone please enlighten me.

Edited by Dnj (08/02/15 12:32 PM)

#406182 - 08/02/15 12:41 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: abacus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, although I basically agree with you, it's still hard to hear the guy who went through three different arrangers in the course of a couple of months, talk about 'wasting money'.....unless, of course, you're renting.

smile

chas

#406183 - 08/02/15 12:49 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
This whole VST thing just confuses me, ....why would anyone buy let's say buy $5000.00 arranger like a Tyros5 and then want to additionally buy VSTs sounds ? why not just us a controller and a Pc or vArranger, etc...what is a person looking for in using these VST sounds vs the factory ones that sound amazing IMO already? ...isn't the arranger Kb enough to make great music?...seems like a big waste of money to me,.....but I could be wrong..

Exactly, find the arranger keyboard you like or a TOTL arranger keyboard if within budget. The awesome sounds, voices, and drumkits are there already, plus ability to arrange, edit, record or perform. If you got extra money for these expensive libraries, no excuse not to own or upgrade to your favorite TOTL arranger.

If you are more into PC programs and VTS libraries, then I guess you wouldn't be posting in a "General Arranger Keyboard Forum". Of course if you were looking for that unique sound or expansion libraries, one can certainly add VTS capability to their arranger through their computer or tablet.

The reference links were very useful to see presently what is out there for these possible expansion libraries. Everything depends on your needs and what you want to do with VTS add- ons, but I am satisfied with just an arranger keyboard.

Marcus

#406185 - 08/02/15 01:01 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Donny, although I basically agree with you, it's still hard to hear the guy who went through three different arrangers in the course of a couple of months, talk about 'wasting money'.....unless, of course, you're renting.

:)chas

What does that have to do with VST's? & BTW Chas it was a couple of weeks just sayin'.....changing my Kb's or any gear shouldn't bother anyone else,.....I make MY decisions and test the waters so what?.....but If I ain't happy with them I'll just change gear till I am happy. The money is secondary.

#406187 - 08/02/15 01:08 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

For the same reason that that same guys buys expansion packs for Tyros 5....

While the tyros 5 is great as a complete package, you still cant compare most of its sound quallity to a VST setup... With VSTs you can stack 5 or 6 effects on every instrument.. And still have room for more.. This allows you to build much braoder sounds.. Good examples where VSTs blow away Tyros 5 are pianos, orchestral sounds ( imagine a whole ballanced orchestra of 76 musicians under your hands, with vellocity switching, articulations and ensemble sound splitting) and synth sounds, pads, choirs out of heaven, EPs that sound so close to real...

Where Tyros 5 shines is the fact that its so incredibly well ballanced that it almost never requires any edditing, all sounds are so well ballanced, to archieve the same ballance on a style player with VSTs takes you hours of edditing...

But with all my gear, if i had to choose a single board/instrument, i would still choose the Tyros above all my soft and hardware, because you switch it on and play away all evening long...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#406188 - 08/02/15 01:13 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
But with all my gear, if i had to choose a single board/instrument, i would still choose the Tyros above all my soft and hardware, because you switch it on and play away all evening long...

Now your talking bachus.. cool2

#406190 - 08/02/15 01:20 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Nice collection Abacus... Personally i think the best way to start out when adding VSTs to an arranger is Komplete from NI, espescially with the new kontrol software it makes a remarkable comple instrument... From there you can start building..

#406192 - 08/02/15 01:35 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Now your talking bachus.. cool2

Its just that good...

But it can allways get better in combination with a 2nd key..

This is how i like to play... Partly piano, partly arranger... I have my Tyros placed just above the Kronos... Trying to archieve this...

To be really homest, since i added the Kronos to the T5, i barely make any use of the VSts and modules...

#406193 - 08/02/15 01:38 PM Re: VST from Entry to High to Expand Your Arranger [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Bachus thanx for sharing your work, nice setup...really enjoyed it!! clap

Edited by Dnj (08/02/15 01:38 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online