SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#405998 - 07/31/15 08:06 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
124 Offline

I have to wonder if manufacturers would even bother issuing DVD's given the amount of stuff available with a few clicks around the web.

#405999 - 07/31/15 08:15 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
I have to wonder if manufacturers would even bother issuing DVD's given the amount of stuff available with a few clicks around the web.

KORG is about the best with YOU TUBE instructional videos showing all features for their arranger KB's clap

#406000 - 07/31/15 08:16 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: 124]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: 124

Loads of demo videos with experst playing but I've seen nothing of any instructional value on how to use the functions of the BK9.
Please put up a link if you know of any

#406001 - 07/31/15 08:21 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, as much as I enjoy helping folks over these many, many years, I know that I will continue to do so as long as I physically and mentally can. However, much of the upcoming years will be spent aboard the boat, often sailing in locations where there is no internet or cellular telephone connection available unless I would be willing to shell out $1,000 a month for a marine satellite service, which I will not. I think that money would be better spent sailing to faraway places with strange sounding names. wink

Chas, if you can find your way to Hilton Head, SC, I hope to spend a few days there during my trip to the sunny south, visiting some friends that live aboard their 50-foot houseboat where I played music for their barefoot wedding. I'll burn some filet Mignon on my boat's gas grill and mix up a batch of green coconut Margarettas. Who knows, maybe you might enjoy sailing to the Bahamas on the old tub. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406008 - 07/31/15 08:41 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clap cool2 clap

#406009 - 07/31/15 09:07 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
[

Chas, if you can find your way to Hilton Head, SC, I hope to spend a few days there during my trip to the sunny south, visiting some friends that live aboard their 50-foot houseboat where I played music for their barefoot wedding. I'll burn some filet Mignon on my boat's gas grill and mix up a batch of green coconut Margarettas. Who knows, maybe you might enjoy sailing to the Bahamas on the old tub. wink

All the best,

Gary cool[/quote]

Gary

What a coincidence. We're moving to Hilton Head (Actually Bluffton) in a few weeks.
Don't know whats in store for me getting settled but who know maybe share a quick drink one day.

#406010 - 07/31/15 09:17 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
[

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary

What a coincidence. We're moving to Hilton Head (Actually Bluffton) in a few weeks.
Don't know whats in store for me getting settled but who know maybe share a quick drink one day. [/quote]

Bill did you check out the music gig scene there in SC....
hope you get alot of work.

#406011 - 07/31/15 09:29 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Here I have to complement AJ again for the excellent DVD tutorial on all the in depth stuff on the Audya. He sure sets the standards for others in so many things.

#406027 - 07/31/15 01:07 PM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Chas, if you can find your way to Hilton Head, SC, I hope to spend a few days there during my trip to the sunny south...

Certainly a possibility Gary, as I have friends who have vacation homes there (as we once did). I'm usually there on the major holidays as that's when my friends are there. My friend just sold his old house (for 1.8M) ostensibly to downsize but his new pad seems to be even more lavish (can't take it with you, I guess), so we're going down (across?) to check out their new digs. This is their vacation home; actually their primary home in Hockessin, DE is quite modest (relatively).

See you on the road.

chas

#406035 - 07/31/15 02:01 PM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Looking forward to it, guys. Bill, I suspect there are lots and lots of music opportunities there, all of which are likely low paying, because it's a resort town. It has been my experience that the farther south you go along the east coast, the lower the pay. However, the competition is, in reality, not all that keen. Lots of have guitar will travel guys, most cannot sing very well, and they tend to play only one style of music. Very, very few arranger keyboard players down there, and after one night playing at a marina restaurant in Myrtle Beach, the owner wanted me to spend the winter and was willing to pay my rate, which was a real shocker. For nite clubs and restaurants, I was charging $100 per hour with a 3 hour minimum. In Baltimore's Little Italy, where a meal for 2 cost upwards of $200, they pay is $100 for 3 hours on weekdays and $150 for Friday and Saturday nights, and on Friday they want you to work 5 hours. Another great reason to play the NH circuit.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online