SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40598 - 02/23/04 07:09 PM PLEASE HELP!
KN2600 Offline

Loc: CA
With this USB and software feature the KN2600 has, will it be able to download sounds and allow you to use them on the keyboard? To sound more clear, lets say I have a kick or snare in wave format in my computer, will I be able to trasfer that kick or snare to the KN2600 and use it as a part of the drum kit, or just use that samples period? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

#40599 - 02/24/04 02:48 AM Re: PLEASE HELP!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The short answer to your question is No I'm not familiar with the editing facilities available on the KN2600 but if they are similar to the KN7000, and I believe they are, it is possible to carry out considerable 'tweaking' of all the built-in samples, including the drum kits, so you may be able to edit original sounds in the KN2600, to achieve something near to your PC samples. You can of course transfer audio sounds to the SD card and play them back through the KN2600 sound system - bit like an MP3 player - but I doubt if it is feasible to use them as part of a Style or as a 'sound'.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#40600 - 02/24/04 03:40 AM Re: PLEASE HELP!
technicsplayer Offline

the 2600 is not a sampler, so you are not able to "play" a new wave file via the keyboard. However I control software samplers on a laptop from my 7k with low latency for live multirack playback and accompaniment - that is not built in sampling but the result can be put on SD card for live playback on the 7k using 7k voices to lead and not then needing the laptop.

You are able to play along to a pre-recorded wave file on the SD card, and if you have a SD audio synchro switch in the sequencer menu are able to synchronise the 2600 sequencer to it.

If this is the case one possibility would be to record a wave file of the snare playing the complete song at correct tempo, transfer to SD and then add the rest of the arrangement via the 2600 and/or 2600 sequencer, perhaps using a pattern(s) in composer(s) with the in-built snare removed.

Another possibility is to multitrack on the pc using the wave snare and any other samples you may wish, and play the 2600 audio out for the rest of the arrangement. Then either mix the final song on the pc or mix the song with the part(s) you wish to play live removed, and transfer that to SD.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online