SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#405886 - 07/29/15 11:32 PM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: travlin'easy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Seeing that some instigators keep on pushing the issue I had with this topic just for the fun of it, let me straighten the record also just for the fun of it.

Twice we took part in a music competition & twice we went through to the finals. One competition was from a well known radio station over here.

Less than a month ago we were invited to play & at an open air gathering for all the churches in our whole Southern coastal area. From all churches including their bands, we were chosen for this. These were mostly white churches, so don't lower the standards in your own opinion. After this event, we were invited to play on a regular basis for a church in the area.

So yes, even if my chord timing is not perfect & even if I have no clue on how to play instruments for real with my right hand (which I never do live in any case), I leave it for yourself to decide whether quoted remark is called for or not.

We play regularly at flea markets & often there are enquiries about purchasing CDs from us which we don't have of course. Some of our friends openly say that they are amazed that we have no CDs available.

Don't talk to me about the masses suffering to listen to our megawatt performances. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about & neither are you qualified to comment on what we do unless you are doing same, which I doubt the instigators have the guts for in any case. It takes much more than musical talent alone...

And yes, as I've shown that part of the remark was directed at me personally & not to performers in general. Hence my stand on this. Too bad some just can't let go of their sarcasm for this could have been a good & valuable topic.

Henni

#405913 - 07/30/15 08:23 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Sorry Henni but you are going to have to explain the comment about the relevance of white churches and lowering of standards . Where I come from that can lead to all kinds of racist undertones that I hope you did not mean .

#405916 - 07/30/15 08:29 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: spalding1968]
Henni Offline

We have many pics over here where we reach out in the rural areas in this country.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/349618/a_Little_about_us#Post349618

Most of those are still under developed, despite our new government. So many have those in mind when I talk about our involvement with churches. We are the VERY LAST people in this country who can be accused of racism as almost all of our outreaches & activities are directed towards those with a different skin color as ours! And to date we have over four thousand pics verifying this statement.

https://www.facebook.com/hennie.vanrooyen.127/photos_albums

#405924 - 07/30/15 09:27 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
That was pretty much very racist thing to say, wether you meant it or not. Than again according to the Bible it is perfectly fine to have slaves too. But, what do I know. taz

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#405927 - 07/30/15 09:35 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: mirza]
Henni Offline

Did you bother to have a look at the pics in the supplied link? Would you expect any arranger players amongst those? We know, as we go there often. They are not less qualified than us, but they mostly are less equipped which does not expose them to the same experience. Those who know me & what we do will understand EXACTLY what I meant.

We have MANY mega black churches over here also. They are not behind in any way or form, but they are in the bigger towns where we do not operate in at all. I do not speak for them.

I think I've made my point, so can we move on please... Only a fool & a stubborn one at that will look at our pics & accuse me of any form of racism. We LIVE what we proclaim & what we believe, we do not merely talk about it.

Do NOT steer this topic towards the Bible. There was no hint in that direction at all & we all know the outcome of such a topic.

Just for the record: I change "These were mostly white churches, so don't lower the standards in your own opinion." to
"These were mostly larger, more sophisticated churches, so don't lower the standards in your own opinion." When I say "black" I actually mean "rural" instead as this is mostly our exposure to people who wear a black skin over here in our part of the world. We love black colored people & I think it shows. Most of our friends are black colored people. Point made!

Let's get back to topic now if you please. No more need for sarcasm.

#405929 - 07/30/15 10:18 AM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I just commented on what you said.I didn't mean to implement any kind of attack on you.What you said was as racist as it can be.You probably didn't mean it that way.
And sorry for bringing The Bible in the picture. At least Bible has nothing to do with racism or slavery. You know I like to tickle a little bit.

Back to the topic.I am pretty much against teaching kids right away to play arrangers.Everyone should learn more about music and playing actual instrument like piano or simply any keyboard without too many buttons and styles to distract you from learning to play an instrument.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#405949 - 07/30/15 02:24 PM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: mirza]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
"Even if my chord timing is not perfect and even if I have no clue how to play instruments for real with my right hand...."

WHAT?

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (07/30/15 02:37 PM)

#405952 - 07/30/15 03:23 PM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Henni

So yes, even if my chord timing is not perfect & even if I have no clue on how to play instruments for real with my right hand....

But isn't that the very essence of Arranger keyboard playing? And if that's true, how would changing to a Tyros 5 (a self-admitted financial hardship) change anything? Wouldn't it be better (and certainly cheaper) to work on those deficiencies and apply that to the MOTL and TOTL arrangers (which you were raving about just a few short weeks ago) that you already own? Of course it's YOUR money, soooo.

On the other matter, as a "black, colored person", I don't sense any racial animosity at all from you, just clueless about phrasing that most of the rest of the world has moved past several decades ago. I support your ACTIONS in feeding the poor if not the motivation behind it. I too, am very active in a food program for poor folks in the inner city through a program called Hosea Feed the Hungry. However, our food comes with no strings attached. I think everyone should be able to find his own way to 'spiritual enlightenment' without outside help. But that's just me. Good luck on your musical journey.

chas

#405956 - 07/30/15 04:21 PM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Chas, here is another black colored person. Guess which one is my son? smile
http://donmasonmusic.com/Rod%20Mason%20and%20Michael%20Jordan.jpg

#405957 - 07/30/15 04:35 PM Re: Arranger KB lessons, anyone? [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Don, I've seen pictures of your son before and I still say his mother must have been Miss America smile smile. I'll bet he's glad he took after Mom smile.

chas

BTW, who's the White guy? smile smile

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online