SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#405345 - 07/22/15 07:10 PM Why I like my brand...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Show us the WOW of your brand as performed by yourself.

Here's something on my Yamaha S950.

Henni

Attachments
Howgreat.mp3 (84 downloads)

#405353 - 07/23/15 07:16 AM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I don't know this song from a bar of soap, hence the name. Performed on the S950. Kept it short not to bore you.

Henni

Attachments
aLittleFun.mp3 (53 downloads)

#405354 - 07/23/15 07:23 AM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

Intro is reminiscent of The Beatles 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and the melody is similar to The Lion Sleeps Tonight (or Wimoweh, if you prefer). Wasn't that originally a South African tune? Kwela music?

#405360 - 07/23/15 08:49 AM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi,

We do & listen ONLY to Gospel, so this tune is still from childhood memory when my parents used to listen to it. Many, many, many moons ago...

Tx for the info.

Henni

#405368 - 07/23/15 11:25 AM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: 124]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Intro is reminiscent of The Beatles 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand'...

That's what I like about not playing for money - the luxury of how we present the various songs in any way we want. We mostly sing Gospel to those who don't know Gospel & this also helps. This allows me to be as creative as I want which is really nice.

Also, in what we do, we HAVE to grab the onlooker's attention as quickly as possible. Hence my liking for WOW. Nothing testing your nerves as performing in the cold (atmosphere) where no one expects you & most don't want you. I think it's for this very reason that I see these things differently. WOW works certainly for us & I need as much of it as I can have...

Keep in mind that for Gospel outreaches creating the right atmosphere is of the utmost importance & here the Praise & Worship music plays a large part. Because of this I cannot just go bananas with the music. To illustrate this in an understandable way, look at the effect that certain hard rock music has on the crowd - devastating. We aim for EXACTLY the opposite whilst still grabbing the attention so we cannot go too laid back too soon. So really, it's not as much of a circus as some might expect it to be...

Cheers,

Henni

#405371 - 07/23/15 11:38 AM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
KORG80 Offline

Hi Henni, Here are two of my many original songs. The first is from my Yamaha 750. The second song was done on my Korg PA 80.

God Bless,
Don

#405419 - 07/23/15 10:19 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Very nice Don, thanks for sharing. Come on you bunch, show us the best of YOU ***live*** on your favourite brand. This is no competition, but it sure is interesting.

Henni

#405421 - 07/23/15 11:24 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
It sure sounds like a competition henni which is probably why no one wants to contribute .

I listened to your version of how great is our God . There is something wrong going on with the timing of the chord changes as they seem to be lagging behind the melody . In fact there is just too much going on in the song generally . If you have to use the trumpet as a lead voice then playing that lead voice as a chord diminishes the Beauty of that lead sound . I respect what you are trying to do and I know that you love what you do . Sometimes less is more especially when it comes to using your arranger . God bless . worth

#405422 - 07/23/15 11:37 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have no problem with everyone posting songs from their arrangers but I think the title might be conducive to starting a brand war.
Heaven knows I'm not loyal to any brand, and I like certain things about all of them. Having said that, I'm certainly interested in hearing everyone's recordings, but not as a competition.
Maybe call it a showcase! Nothing wrong with being proud of what you play though. Even if I am truly the only one who is right. smile

#405423 - 07/23/15 11:40 PM Re: Why I like my brand... [Re: spalding1968]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
It sure sounds like a competition henni which is probably why no one wants to contribute .

I listened to your version of how great is our God . There is something wrong going on with the timing of the chord changes as they seem to be lagging behind the melody . In fact there is just too much going on in the song generally . If you have to use the trumpet as a lead voice then playing that lead voice as a chord diminishes the Beauty of that lead sound . I respect what you are trying to do and I know that you love what you do . Sometimes less is more especially when it comes to using your arranger . God bless . worth

It is beautifully done, but I had trouble getting past the fact that that whole trumpet section could hold their breath that long! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online