SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#404890 - 07/14/15 12:49 AM Bob Hendershot is very ill
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I just received an email from a friend of Bob Hendershot to tell me Bob is very ill and not expected to survive. I have asked him if I can post his email on the forum so others can send him their best wishes. This is such very bad news. I will follow up when I hear back.

#404941 - 07/15/15 01:07 AM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Nigel]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Sorry to hear such bad news. I hope things take a turn for the better.
Bob has been a worthy contributor to the Forum for a long time and I am sure many others wish him well.

Ray

Edited by The Saint (07/15/15 01:08 AM)

#404966 - 07/15/15 01:18 PM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: The Saint]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I'm really saddened to hear about Bob's illness.. I wondered why I hadn't heard from him for some time....

He and I became very good friends during my first visit to the Florida KN7000 'Jam' in April 2005. We had many interests in common and had followed similar careers in the electronics industry and we kept in fairly regular contact by email over the past ten years.

Just prior to the KN7000 'Jam' the following year, Bob invited me to stay with him at his home in Tennessee, before motoring down to Florida for the Jam. We returned to Tennessee after the second Jam and I stayed a few more days with him, going round and about seeing 'the sights' and having a few games of pool at his local senior's club.

Bob made me very welcome and I had an open invitation to return to Tennessee whenever I could. Sadly, for one reason or another, I was never able to take up his kind invitation.

Although as Nigel mentioned, he is seriously ill, miracles do occasionally happen and I can think of no greater deserving guy for one to come his way. He is a thoroughly nice guy who was always willing to help others and I earnestly hope and pray he comes through this bad time.....

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#405028 - 07/17/15 12:16 AM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Bill Norrie]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I am going to phone his friend Don and find out how Bob is doing. I will post after I talk to him.

#405041 - 07/17/15 07:48 AM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Nigel]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am also saddened, as, like Bill,I became good friends with Bob at the various KN7000 Jams in Florida. He was a great help to me many times.
Bernie

#405094 - 07/17/15 11:54 PM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Bernie9]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I spoke with Bob's friend Don today on the phone. Bob is in his last days and is unable to use his computer for communication. But Don told me that despite the serious situation he is actually not feeling so bad. He has incurable cancer and he has come to terms with that. But Don told me I could share his email donwshearin@embarqmail.com so you can contact Bob through him and he will pass on your emails. Bob had Don get in touch with me so I could let his friends know what is going on. Please send Bob your best wishes through Don and he will pass them onto Bob.

#405096 - 07/18/15 02:24 AM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Nigel]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Very sad news.
Thank you for the information and emailadress Nigel.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#405470 - 07/24/15 03:47 PM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Nigel]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I am also very sad to hear of Bob's illness. I would like to thank him for his much needed support when I purchased my first Technics keyboard. His help was and still is, invaluable.

My thoughts are with you Bob.

Audrey

#405483 - 07/25/15 12:36 AM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Audrey Turner
I am also very sad to hear of Bob's illness. I would like to thank him for his much needed support when I purchased my first Technics keyboard. His help was and still is, invaluable.

My thoughts are with you Bob.

Audrey

Audrey send your regards to him through Don at donwshearin@embarqmail.com

#406630 - 08/09/15 01:54 AM Re: Bob Hendershot is very ill [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I received this very sad news from Bob's friend Don Shearin. "Our friend Bob passed away during the night of 8-7-2015 and 8-8-2015. He wished that I express his appreciation to you and all his friends in the forum. It was a wonderful experience in his life. Please let everyone know and say thanks to those who sent e-mails with words of encouragement, appreciation, love and prayers."

RIP Bob, we will always miss you but we will never forget what a great friend and musician you were.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online