SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#404831 - 07/12/15 02:50 PM Using 3 MIDI devices w Tyros; might be of interest
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - thought some of you might find it interesting that it's possible to have 3 MIDI devices connected to the Tyros all at once, with no MIDI merger or hubs needed. In my case, it is two actual 5-pin "DIN" MIDI jacks used, plus the USB socket. I have a mini-keyboard MIDI'd into MIDI-IN B; it plays the sound on RIGHT3. Then I have an mi.1 connect device (wireless Bluetooth MIDI) in MIDI-A for use with my iPad and unrealBook app, which automatically (through some programming I did) calls up Registrations whenever I load a song to view in unrealBook app. Then, I have an old iPad1 connected via USB (camera kit on the iPad), which uses the TouchOSC app to give me a whole bunch of functions, best seen in the photos attached. It lets me do drum sounds, sound FX, control of the RIGHT1 sounds like a synthesizer, and even 3 mini-keyboards to give me 3 more sounds I can play (chimes, tympani, bass, in my case).

Photos attached ...
-Jim

Attachments
Tyros and MIDI-1.JPG

Tyros and MIDI-2.JPG

Tyros and MIDI-3.JPG

Tyros and MIDI-4.JPG

#404856 - 07/13/15 04:36 AM Re: Using 3 MIDI devices w Tyros; might be of interest [Re: jimlaing]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Interesting, I didn't realise you could use the USB and Midi simultaneously like that.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online