SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40473 - 01/07/04 06:17 AM APC Memory On
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I am not thinking straight today,so my question is :

When I switch styles, I must always go through the procedure of pressing the APC button and setting up my personal preferences on APC (Memory On, Fingered, etc.). Can I save my personal setting to avoid this rather annoying step ?

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#40474 - 01/07/04 06:39 AM Re: APC Memory On
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Your'e not alone Larry. I'd like to know too. When using internal styles my settings stay unchanged, but after loading down loaded styles I get the settings used by the arranger/player. For instance all the styles from the kn7000 site have split point of C3 and I prefer an A2 setting.

Peter

#40475 - 01/07/04 10:48 AM Re: APC Memory On
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Larry and Peter,
just my 2 pennies contribution.
The Custom Panel Feature gives a little help for this. When you have set your favorite settings, then press de blue SET button on the Panel Memory Circle and at the same time the Custom Panel.
This setting remains in the keyboard till you change it.
Note: you have to change the rythm/sounds afterthat, but maybe these settings could been set easy by using the APC or Panel Memories. For instance you could set (and save in the Custom Panel): the APC-setting (as you pointed at); the splitpoint; the equalizer on; the synchro-break on; the intro on etc. etc.
Please experiment with it and see if it is useful for you
Cees

#40476 - 01/07/04 03:45 PM Re: APC Memory On
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had a problem with the Custom Panel settings also. I would like to keep my split point at Ab, and 6 foot controllers as I prefer without changing anything else in the composer downloads.

I can return to my split point and foot settings with custom panel but I can see no way of doing this and saving everything else including the conductor settings.

My question is: Can the custom panel be set to save and return to only a few settings (split point and foot controllers) without changing the rest of the file.

I do not think that Expand page 2 has that option.

Fran in Florida

#40477 - 01/07/04 04:45 PM Re: APC Memory On
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
When I come across the 'Split Point' problem on a downloaded style / song, I just quickly run through all the Panel Memories, changing the original Split Point settings, before playing the style / song.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#40478 - 01/07/04 05:41 PM Re: APC Memory On
technicsplayer Offline

Larry, press and hold panel memory set, go to expand page 2, set apc & memory off. With no more information of what you are going to load next, in general, go to load page 2 and don't load current panel by switching to NO.

Peter, do the same only set split point to off. When you load a new 7000com composer file go to page 2 and don't load the current panel by switching it to NO.

Fran, do the same in pan mem expansion filter for split point and foot cont. setting both to off. Now don't load current panel on page 2 load.

In all 3 cases before you start to play press panel memory 1 to set up the conductor and other conditions since you have prevented the current panel from doing so, but in doing so your apc status, split point and foot controller settings will not have changed with the new load.

Alternatively it is quite possible to set your panel mem expansion filters, have your preferred apc, split point and foot cont settings saved in custom panel, and set customise/data protection/pan mem exp filter to ON and OK it. Now load the 7000.com composer styles normally (without having to go to page 2 load and having to do anything) press custom panel to restore the split point, apc, foot controller etc and then press panel memory 1 to bring up the rest of the style settings for the load but keep your preferred split point, apc, foot controller setting etc etc without having to set them manually again.

Three for the price of one

#40479 - 01/08/04 08:58 AM Re: APC Memory On
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

I don't know if this works on the KNs but on my PR I can press and hold the Custom Memory button. It will show the styles on the disk. I can select the style then press load.

When I load a style this way it does not change all my other settings it just loads the style. However, I can't remember if my split point changes or not.

I'd bet the 2600 does the same thing.

Cheers,
Heather

#40480 - 01/08/04 12:04 PM Re: APC Memory On
technicsplayer Offline

If you mean composer load, Heather, then the style is not loaded, only the composer pattern without any new registrations or the correct tempo etc, so that is why the other settings are not changing. A technics style as defined by the 7000.com downloads consists of new patterns plus new registrations, correct starting tempo, etc ready to play.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online