SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4042 - 02/18/02 02:08 PM new keyboarder
Anonymous
Unregistered

i am very interested in learning to play the keyboard. is there a good place to find begginner stuff? is i possible to hook a keyboard up to your pc to use it w/ digital music programs like unity or cubase, etc?what kind of keyboard should i get? i want to be able to make music like nine inch nails, any places to look for help here? thak you.

#4043 - 02/18/02 03:51 PM Re: new keyboarder
tekminus Offline

Hook keyboards to computers?! Are you from the future?

-tek

PS. FINNS BEAT RUSSIA 3-1!! Hyvä leijonat!

#4044 - 02/25/02 09:02 AM Re: new keyboarder
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
AHAHHAHhahahHHAHhahHAHHhHhahahHhhahaHAa

#4045 - 02/25/02 02:54 PM Re: new keyboarder
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi vapOr36,
Start with a KB (keyboard) that is simple to use. Then go and get a book (or do a search) about music therory. Start with scales then chord stucture and you`ve got the basics. Then learn to read music (keep it simple) , but try not to get frustrated it will all come together in time. Then pick your favorite song and try to find the music and try to play it and listen to the CD , how close are you? Keep trying and have FUN! If your not having fun while doing these steps then maybe it`s not for you. But give it time and take it slow and it will be FUN, best of luck and welcome!
jedi

#4046 - 02/26/02 06:27 AM Re: new keyboarder
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
vap0r36 ..... any time someone says to me "I've always wanted to play (pick any instrument)...", I tell them "If you start today, in five years you can say you've been playing for five years, if you don't start today, in five years you will still be wanting to play" ..... learning an instrument is a long, never ending journey ... the advantage you have today is that with the various types of keyboards you can have a LOT of fun as you learn ..... even the playing of scales can be put to different rhythms to make it more entertaining ..... it's not always going to be easy, but as jedi said, it should be FUN !!! .... best of luck .....
t.

#4047 - 02/26/02 07:37 AM Re: new keyboarder
tekminus Offline

NIN eh? Then you want a couple of Kurzweil K2600's with everything. You could look around for a s/h K2000 with the sampling option too. It's a killer synth/sampler, that has really gone down in price.

-tek

#4048 - 02/27/02 01:21 AM Re: new keyboarder
novaheart Offline

Loc: Canada
Don't get me started. Can you plug a keyboard into a computer? Its a little thing we like to call MUSICAL INSTRUMENT DIGITAL INTERFACE . Type MIDI into a search engine. That should learn ya.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online