SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#404410 - 07/05/15 10:19 AM SEQUENCER PROBLEM
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I have suddenly run into a problem of being able to stop the sequencer on a song when it has ended. I have deleted all measures after the ending and still the measures keep counting off and the song won't go back to the intro. I even went in and did a manual stop at the end of the ending. It still counts measures until I hit the stop button. I have never had this problem in the past when I have had too many measures at the end of a song. I just would always go in and delete the measures and when the ending ended, the sequencer would go back to the beginning of the song. I'm beginning to think I slipped a cog or two. What am I doing wrong that the measures keep counting off?

Mark

#404417 - 07/05/15 01:01 PM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Don't know but try sequencing something else - a short piece of say 4 bars will do, and then see if that also just goes on and on as you have described. It could give you a clue to the way it was recorded/sequenced settings wise.

#404419 - 07/05/15 01:34 PM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Hi Rog,

Your suggestion was a good one and I did a very short sequence using Intro and Ending and it stopped as it should. I don't know what is going on with the song I did. Doing the ending, I wanted just two beats of a measure from the Composed 16 measures. I did all my changes for the ending using the sound settings I wanted that were in the composed 16 measures and then deleted all but five measures that I used in the ending. In other words, my ending has five measures. I made sure in my sequenced song that ALL MEASURES were deleted after the five measures played in the ending. I also thought that perhaps I needed to hit the stop button when recording on the last measure of the ending. I thought surely that would stop the measures from continuing but it hasn't. It stopped the beats from moving and proves that it did stop the song but the measures keep going. It doesn't want to go back to the Intro. The only way I can go back to the Intro is to hit the stop button, even though the beats are not moving and it seems to stop the measures from continuing. Hitting the reset button it then goes to measure one and the Intro light is on.

I don't understand why the ending plays completely through and it doesn't automatically stop. Since it hasn't, that is when I went in and did a live punch-in with Control and hit the stop button on the last measure of the ending. Not having any measures after the last measure of the ending should in itself return to the beginning of the song.

Mark

#404420 - 07/05/15 01:42 PM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
designserve Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
Hi Mark,

NOt sure what's happening but you could try to copy just the measures you want into a different song. Then the second song should be as you woudl like it to be.

Cheers,
Mike
https://wsa1.technicskeyboards.com/
KN7000 KN6500 KN6000 KN5000 KN3000 KN2600 KN2000 KN1000 KN901 KN800 P50 WSA1 AX7 GA3 PR804 Liverpool Tyros 3

#404421 - 07/05/15 02:32 PM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Nice thought and I tried it but it copied exactly the song, which is understandable. I mean if there is an error it will also be in the copy. TOTALLY MADDENING!!! I have double checked measures in Ending and I have exactly five measures. I deleted ALL TRACKS after the last measure in the ending of the sequenced song. There must be something that I and others are not thinking why this is happening. I made sure all the tracks that I used were in full use to delete after the last measure in the ending.

Mark

#404422 - 07/05/15 02:42 PM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
designserve Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
Mark,

I was thinking you can copy just the range of measures you want. You could certainly do that within a song... say to copy measures 13 to 16 from one track to another. Then delete the original track.

Other than that, possibly you need to dictate the length of the song in a control track.

I would ask you to send a file but my KN7000 is not set up as I have visitors here for a few days, so I can't try it right now.

Best wishes,
Mike
https://wsa1.technicskeyboards.com/
KN7000 KN6500 KN6000 KN5000 KN3000 KN2600 KN2000 KN1000 KN901 KN800 P50 WSA1 AX7 GA3 PR804 Liverpool Tyros 3

#404423 - 07/05/15 02:52 PM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Mike,

I am unsure at the moment but will check it out how to do a copy of measures only in a song. I just am aware and did a copy of the song to Song 2. I have gone into Step Record and ended the song there. I did a manual stop and right after the stop it shows END.

Mark

#404447 - 07/06/15 08:43 AM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Tried copying measures only from song to Song 2 and they wouldn't play as a song. The song in Song 1 had the Intro on but trying to play Song 2 of all the tracks I copied, it wouldn't play but the default in the keyboard. Guess I am stuck with just hitting the stop button after the song plays. Doing that, I can then hit the Reset button and it does reset to play again.

Mark

#404496 - 07/06/15 04:25 PM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Mark,
If you like to send me a copy of your problem file, I'll have a look at it for you.... My email is in my profile...

Cheers
Bill

#404530 - 07/07/15 09:29 AM Re: SEQUENCER PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Hi Bill,

Very kind of you. Since I will not be playing this but seldom from the keyboard I am going to let it go. I will be putting the recording on a digital recorder and be playing it from there.

Here is one for the books. (Excuse the PUN) On Pg 81 of the manual on No. 11, it states and I quote:

"When you have finished recording, press the REC STOP button on the display, or turn off the PROGRAM MENUS button.

When the PROGRAM MENUS button is turned off, the ending command (END) is recorded. Note that as long as the ending command is not recorded, blank recording continues even if you stop playing."

The above is CLEARLY AN ERROR. If you are recording and up to wanting to stop the recording, turning off the PROGRAM MENUS button shows "error." The way the keyboard is set up, this is obvious. Not only this, it won't change the tempo you have ended with compared to the tempo you started with in the song. Also, it won't show the Intro being on and regardless of pressing the Sequencer Reset button, it won't respond. I had to reload the song. The only way to end a song is to hit the STOP RECORD button when you have finished recording.

This has been a true mystery but I want to move on. Roger came up with a good idea for me to do a short sequence to see if it would go back to the start and it does. I had no problem until this song and his thought was good because I wondered if my keyboard all of a sudden wasn't working correctly. Why this has happened and I can't stop the measures from continuing when the song has stopped when the ending has finished is a real mystery. The four tempo lights are not moving so technically, the song stopped but why the measures keep counting off until I manually hit the stop button is a mystery when I have deleted all measures after the ending. Once I hit the stop button after it technically has stopped, I then can press the reset button and it goes back to the beginning of the song correctly.

Thanks, guys for all your suggestions.

Best,

Mark

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online