SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 39 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39 >
Topic Options
#403861 - 06/22/15 04:15 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Let me add after today's setup session that the Vocal Mic processor in the SD7 & Vocalizer are excellent and very easy to operate & set up Mic FX etc, and save so that they Stay set no matter what you change Reg, Mp3, etc,....I'd say the VH is on par with TC Helicon.

Also the display screen is bright, clear, large, and very easy to see in live play..
I also tried a few Global Kb EQ settings vs "Standard" ...just pus the DSP button for the menue:..
I was using the "LOUDNESS" setting first but now I think I will stick with "BRIGHT" as the SD7 really comes alive using this EQ. You can adjust the preset EQ also I lowered the High EQ from 9 to 6....the press SAVE and Custom Startup so every tome you power up it will remain... cool2

I'm starting to get Very Happy!! keys

Edited by Dnj (06/22/15 04:43 PM)

#403862 - 06/22/15 04:23 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Somewhere in this thread there was a question about the level of support for the SD7. I would say AJ is doing a pretty darn good job of getting questions answered. He has posted here, emailed, and texted answers to any question I have asked. What's more, the responses have come in a very short period of time.

I will be shocked if in the near future there are not videos and written materials that better explain the SD7 than the online manual does. Anyway, so far I have been very satisfied with what AJ is doing to help with learning how to use the SD7.

Deane

#403865 - 06/22/15 05:38 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hey there you guys, I always loved the Audya that I had, what a terrific sound! This new SD7 is surely a welcome addition with a lower pricepoint. Seems to me that AJ is awfully sharp knowing these answers as well as he does. AND is able to write a coherent sentence, lol. Some tech people just cannot communicate! I hope you all continue to find good stuff and I look forward to hearing one.

#403876 - 06/22/15 10:37 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill you wanted to see mine. It's home now. I'll call you tomorrow.

#403877 - 06/22/15 11:28 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
What is AjamSonic upgrade cost? It seems to me like a very significant addition to the stock sd7 and so very worthwhile.
BTW, thank you AJ for your answer!

#403888 - 06/23/15 05:50 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: adimatis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: adimatis
What is AjamSonic upgrade cost? It seems to me like a very significant addition to the stock sd7 and so very worthwhile.
BTW, thank you AJ for your answer!

http://www.ajamsonic.com/styles.html

#403889 - 06/23/15 05:51 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I see, thanks Donny.

#403933 - 06/23/15 04:14 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Rfinnshw]
Dnj Offline

It's been 3 days and with the Support of Prince AJ and Don M. & what I still can remember from my Ketron days I have to say it's getting easier & easier to set up the SD7. It just does things so easily and logically to create Registration lists, custom USER Styles with OTS, Vol, Rev, FX, Drum kit edits, & all extensive editing perimeter capabilities that can be instantly saved. Here's what I do.....
First I pick a style>then I begin to make a template to use this style for many songs that have that use this style.
I add what ever 4 OTS sounds I like and tweak each one to my liking.
Then when I have the perfect style eg: DP Rumba I save it to a user style bank> next I start to create registrations of songs that use this "PERFECT STYLE" only changing tempo, key, variation start, etc. & so on. Then I start again creating another Style template for the next group of songs that would use whatever style I need. I keep doing this and it might take a few weeks until my song list and all MY perfect style types are finished Named and Stored in the Registration Banks for use on stage for instant call up.
Once you get the hang of the procedure it goes fast.

I also hooked up a Mic and was pleasantly surprised at how Amazing the Vocal Harmony sounds. On par with TC Helicon in sound quality & tracking, an easy Mic editor at the touch of a button let's you adjust Vocal EFX with ease & control them with the Sliders or pedals, Nice Job KETRON!. For anyone that wants to know The SD7 key bed feel is AWESOME not too heavy, not to light but solid, I really enjoy playing it.
Anyway for now I'm trying to get more done when I get the chance
in-between gigs.There is so much to explore with the SD7 features in so many ways, I look forward to doing that as time goes on.
This Sunday I'll learn much more at the workshop.

Take care.

Edited by Dnj (06/23/15 04:32 PM)

#403935 - 06/23/15 05:45 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Donny,
Thanks to AJ's help I'm in about the same place - getting set lists ready. Right now I'm using Registrations and it is really simple. I'm involved in another project that will take all night. I'm converting over 6000 Ketron styles from all kinds of keyboards and getting them organized on a thumb drive. Have no idea how they will sound but there are bound to be some great ones in there. I have a gig tomorrow and am really tempted to take the SD7 out for the first time - we'll see.

Deane

#403936 - 06/23/15 06:04 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
To all SD7 owners: Is the weight (33 lbs) not an issue with you?
I also wish Ketron made it lighter and more compact.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

Page 9 of 39 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online