SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#403798 - 06/21/15 10:38 AM Arranger modules..
Bachus Offline

These arranger modules are perfect for adding arranger styles to a (stage piano) or synth(workstation) or just one of those lovely B3 (Crumar, Mag, Nord, UHL) clones being very popular in europe right now..

But somehow, its the most under developed part of Arrangers. Top bramds Yamaha and Korg domt have any modules. Luckilly it seems Ketron that is trying hard with their Audya 4 and MidJpro, and Roland with the BK7m. Thats about it, or one could cosider a Microsoft Surface pro 3 running Varranger2 an arranger module to..

I have allways tought that arranger modules would become the breath and butter of professional musicians wanting to add accompaniments to their professional setups.

Am i the only arranger player that still sees a future for these modules?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#403799 - 06/21/15 11:18 AM Re: Arranger modules.. [Re: Bachus]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
A small company in europe make this >
http://www.v3sound.com/de/index-de.php keys

Regards grin

#403801 - 06/21/15 11:43 AM Re: Arranger modules.. [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I use the SD2 and SD4 Ketron modules with vArranger and Nord NE2. I probably would use them more if it weren't for the fact that I gig with four different arrangers besides.

I think you are right and, except for accordion players, I don't see many in use.

#403803 - 06/21/15 11:54 AM Re: Arranger modules.. [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I loved the BK7, except I had to carry so many peripheral devices to achieve what I wanted. External screen for midi display, vocal harmonizer, laptop for text files. . . I had to have a pretty elaborate midi hookup--controller to module, midi thru to harmonizer. . . then run lines from module and vocal processor, plus computer all to mixer, then to p.a.
The last Ketron module I had was the original Midjay, which sounded great, but I didn't like the vocal harmonizer in it, so more or less the same set of problems. Still have to take controller keyboard, all power supplies, etc. I'm finding it much easier to use an all-in-one arranger keyboard.
I think the Audya 4 would solve a lot of these problems, but it is really BIG for a module. Midjay Pro might be the answer.

#403809 - 06/21/15 02:26 PM Re: Arranger modules.. [Re: Bachus]
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL
Meu sonho de consumo seria um módulo do Tyros5.

#403810 - 06/21/15 02:51 PM Re: Arranger modules.. [Re: mc2pereira]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
MidJay Pro is the perfect module if you're a minimalist. It has almost every feature a full size arranger kb can offer plus more. It powers any usb contoller, has vocalizer, display texts/pics/videos and it can stand alone as multi-media player, great also for guitarists/accordionist.

I'm using a Korg Micro Key controller keyboard with it and all of these fits on a backpack including mics & cables.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#403891 - 06/23/15 06:55 AM Re: Arranger modules.. [Re: synerjim]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: synerjim
MidJay Pro is the perfect module if you're a minimalist. It has almost every feature a full size arranger kb can offer plus more. It powers any usb contoller, has vocalizer, display texts/pics/videos and it can stand alone as multi-media player, great also for guitarists/accordionist.

I'm using a Korg Micro Key controller keyboard with it and all of these fits on a backpack including mics & cables.

Yes, where mobillity is an issue i can see modules become a fine choice

Personally i think they have many more uses, with people that have pro instruments witouth arrangers... Thats how i used my audya 4 about 2 years ago... It works well, having an arranger on top of a stagepiano... Gives the best of two worlds..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online