SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#403587 - 06/17/15 09:53 AM OT: Ornette Coleman and Dusty Rhodes?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I posted on the bar the sad passing of Ornette Coleman, one of the real innovators in the Bebop genre. Only Nigel responded.

Then, I asked why the passing of wrestler Dusty Rhodes, admittedly, a character and good entertainer, gathered so much more press than the death of Coleman, a genuine giant in his field.

Comments?

Russ

BTW: Listen to some Coleman. For me, his work was life-changing.

#403591 - 06/17/15 11:29 AM Re: OT: Ornette Coleman and Dusty Rhodes? [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ, I certainly know of Ornette Coleman and am sorry to hear of his passing... but the only Dusty Rhodes I know of was a baseball player for the New York Giants in the early to mid 50's ...

#403593 - 06/17/15 12:14 PM Re: OT: Ornette Coleman and Dusty Rhodes? [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yeah, what he said. Dusty Rhodes was an old time baseball player, a real sport. smile
I don't go to the bar. I'm way too conservative and don't want to argue politics.
I will research Mr. Coleman.

#403605 - 06/17/15 02:06 PM Re: OT: Ornette Coleman and Dusty Rhodes? [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
This Dusty Rhodes was a WWE wrestler, still active as a writer when he passed. His tag-line was"the American Dream". He wore a polka dot wrestling outfit. His two sons still wrestle as Golddust and Stardust.

Very popular, but did not make as big an impact on the world as Coleman, at least in my eyes.

WWE is a hoot...major production...soap opera story lines....good guys turn bad...lots of enjoyment without thinking much. There's even a WWE network. Ever hear of Wrestle-mania??

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (06/17/15 02:08 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online