SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 5 38 39 >
Topic Options
#403666 - 06/18/15 10:28 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanks Don..... Please keep the information coming!

#403668 - 06/18/15 11:24 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Thanks Don, I realize everybody is bombarding you with questions...
But how do compare it, sound wise and style wise, to Roland BK9? Drums, particularly...?

#403669 - 06/18/15 12:32 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It compares very favorably with the Roland. Drums are real drums mostly, and the midi sets are very good also.
The lead sounds are excellent. I am not a big fan of the voices that do everything for you, like SA voices or Korg DNS voices. I want to control when the pitch changes or dynamics. By using joystick, touch sensitivity, aftertouch and pedals you are in control.

#403670 - 06/18/15 12:59 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Yes Donny, I'm planning to go,

#403671 - 06/18/15 01:08 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerry T
Yes Donny, I'm planning to go,

Thats great Jerry....bring your Ketar too ...its gonna be fun paisan

ciao

#403681 - 06/18/15 10:42 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I took the SD7 to the job. Had to use a different stand and the one I took didn't have lights illuminating the kb. That is a MUST with the SD7 because you have black buttons on black background and not many of them light up. I had to Cajun-engineer a light so I could see what buttons I was pushing!
I haven't listened to much of the recordings yet, so don't know if I had balances and levels totally correct, but it sounded really good to me and I got lots of good feedback from audience.

List of stuff to address before tomorrow night, or at least before too long:
*Take light.
*Take some style parts out of certain styles, and change a few drum kits. Take out some claps. I hate claps.
*Find out how to play all MP3s in a folder, for breaks.
*Find out how to associate text files with Registrations.
*Change a few more OTS settings. It's quick and easy to do!
*I'll be making more Registrations for months.
*Tweak vocal harmonizer settings.
*Find out how to change and save Second Voice.
*Find out if there are more chord fingering options that I'm not seeing. I want the one that only changes key when you hit three notes at the same time--below the split.
*I'm have a 6-button foot switch. I'm using #1 for Vocal Harmony on/off. Number 6 is for Break. I need to figure out what to assign to the other four. You can assign almost any parameter or task to a switch. I will probably use one for text scroll, one for glide, maybe one to bring in Second Voice.
*I'm sure there is much more!

Good things:
Great sound.
Great key touch and feel.
Touch screen works really well.
I played a midi file. It sounded great.

I'm too tired to do anything now but sleep til 10 a.m. or so!
My first impression is that the keyboard will be a keeper for me.

#403690 - 06/19/15 05:16 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don I'm happy for you and really appreciate the information your providing all of usas you go along .....
but, I don't know if I should be excited yet about the SD7 until I get my hands on one and actually play it & navigate it's features June 28th at the Ketron Workshop in DE.?....all I can go by is the fact of owning a SD5 a while back, but the SD7 although a close relative is much different in many ways. Can't wait to hear your audition songs from the gig last night also. headphone

#403692 - 06/19/15 06:17 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well,
My SD7 Arrived late yesterday in the afternoon just as I was leaving for a gig. Later I opened it up, got it setup and began my adventure as a first time Ketron owner.

First, the touch screen is absolutely awesome! Easiest one I have ever used. Second, making choices with the screen, changing voices on the fly, or changing styles on the fly is a breeze. I have not had time to do much more. Off to 2 gigs today. Will report more here tonight. Oh Yes, the AJam stuff is pretty neat.

By the way. It is so simple to use I considered taking it out to the gigs today.

Later,
Deane

#403693 - 06/19/15 06:26 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Well,
My SD7 Arrived late yesterday in the afternoon just as I was leaving for a gig. Later I opened it up, got it setup and began my adventure as a first time Ketron owner.

First, the touch screen is absolutely awesome! Easiest one I have ever used. Second, making choices with the screen, changing voices on the fly, or changing styles on the fly is a breeze. I have not had time to do much more. Off to 2 gigs today. Will report more here tonight. Oh Yes, the AJam stuff is pretty neat.

By the way. It is so simple to use I considered taking it out to the gigs today.

Later,
Deane

Dean congrats on the SD7 arrival....looking forward to hearing your review and getting it all set up experiences good or bad & of course demos when you get comfy with it.. keys

Edited by Dnj (06/19/15 06:26 AM)

#403703 - 06/19/15 09:54 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
[quote=Dnj
but, I don't know if I should be excited yet about the SD7 until I get my hands on one and actually play it & navigate it's features June 28th at the Ketron Workshop in DE. [/quote]

ABSOLUTELY !!!

I would have seriously thought about attending if not for a 'band family' reunion that weekend, as I mentioned in a post a while back ...

Page 3 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 5 38 39 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online