SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#402495 - 05/16/15 01:14 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: ianmcnll]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
The most important thing to me is keeping good health...all the money and toys in the world aren't worth a vole's colon if you aren't well enough to enjoy them.

I'm on the fence....I think I'd rather be a tiny bit sick but really rich. Why not? Chances are if you live long enough, you're going to be a tiny bit sick anyway.

smile

chas

#402496 - 05/16/15 01:21 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Damned Chas, we do thing a lot a like. As my dear, departed daddy always said, "there's only one thing that money can't buy - POVERTY!" Dad was pretty damned smart. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#402497 - 05/16/15 01:25 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

so lets get back to the original topic...Is this CPS Spacestaion V.3 better then using two Bose Compacts live on stage?

#402498 - 05/16/15 01:34 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bernie9]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I couldn't agree with you more Ian. That is why the wife and I go to the "Y" before I load my CP Spacestation and head for a gig.

I am really afraid you can't compare this with Bose of anything else.

If I was to go back gigging regularly, I'd seriously consider the SpaceStation...much more simple than having to set up two powered speakers in stereo.

I played through a single Bose L1 and the experience was less than satisfying, especially due to the fact the Tyros4 doesn't collapse well into mono, and having two Bose to set up wasn't what I'd call ideal, although, I must admit, the sound of them was pretty awesome...then again, so was the price! frown

And you are right...you just can't compare the SpaceStation with Bose.

I trust your reviews Bernie, and, I've seen a lot of other positive comments on this great new system, so I suspect I'd have to have one if the conditions were there.

Ian

#402500 - 05/16/15 01:53 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Donny,

Not necessarily better in all venues. Though the CPSS is loud and can be coupled with a sub like I do, it might not reach as far as the two Bose.

The fact remains that you have great stereo anywhere in the sound field with one unit.

#402505 - 05/16/15 03:50 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bernie, have you had the opportunity to try the rig with a large outdoors job? If so, I would really be interested in hearing the results, though I think my buying days may be over.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#402510 - 05/17/15 02:18 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: travlin'easy]
Bernie9 Offline

Gary,
No I haven't.

I have merely read reports of it doing fine, but no specifics.

#402512 - 05/17/15 03:22 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

When posting, I always try and remain objective in my subjectivity. It is quite obvious that I am thrilled by SS. The question I had to ask myself was why.

First of all, I am hearing stereo for the first time in many years of playing. Many of you have always used a stereo rig, even if those outside the "Sweet Spot" can't hear it as such.

Secondly, I am hearing nuances and downright more sounds with all of my keyboards. This was partially explained by Ian, in Yamaha's case, as Yamaha doing much better in stereo; true. However, in addition, I am hearing spacious dynamic mids.

My opinion of Bose L1.L2, and Compact always has been very positive, and still is for several reasons, however, I wonder if the oft purported weakness in mid range is partly responsible in any underachievement compared to the Spacestation.

I don't think it necessarily would be the answer to everyone's needs, but it sure is for me.

Bernie

#402517 - 05/17/15 06:51 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Well the thread on KC for the SS3 has hit 100 pages. Most of what I've read is on topic and informative and not derailed to other subjects like boats ( sorry about that ) . I haven't read the bulk of it but the latest is a pretty good review by a guy who seems to have the $$$ to try everything in amps and keyboards and from the review it looks like he has. He's another SS3 convert. Enjoy

http://chucksblog.typepad.com/late_bloomer/2015/05/revisiting-my-thoughts-on-amplification.html

Edited by Bill Lewis (05/17/15 06:53 AM)

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online