SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#40232 - 01/12/04 12:03 PM No More Technics (continued)
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
There were so many messages in the original thread, I decided to start a new one, so it would be easier to read just the newest comments, and I'm sure there will be many. I'll start with mine anyway. Perhaps Panasonic/Technics feel that they have gone as far as they can go now. But whatever the reason, I no longer have to suffer the aggravation of immediate, or imminent, obsoletion (is there such a word?), knowing that my 7000 would soon be obsolete because of the introduction of a more advanced/upgraded model. I have had a 5000,
a 6500 and now this fabulous 7000, and, for me, at least, it does more than I
could ever want to satisfy my musical needs and desires. And I am sure it will serve me for many years to come, and I still will not have figured out all the intricacies it has to offer! So, I read the announcement with mixed emotions, but not total despair. I will keep my eyes peeled for what comes next! What worries me more than the fact that there will be no more Technics keyboards is the thought that perhaps this Forum may dry up as a result. I, for one, certainly hope not!!!! I think we all still have a great deal to share in the future, and I hope my friends here on the Forum aren't so discouraged as to decide that they should terminate sending messages to his great place. The news puts a bit of a damper on my Happy New Year greetings, but, being an eternal optimist, I see a good year ahead, and view this as a new beginning, not as an end!

Ted Rose

#40233 - 01/12/04 12:21 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
posted 01-12-2004 11:21 AM

As for the forum, I think we'll need it even more now since it will be our only means of support. And as was said, it's the people here and not the keyboard that makes
the forum.
So let's salute the music still to be played and shared because after all it's what I like most about my keyboard and the forum, listening you all of you play!
My best wished to all
Heather

Perhaps it is not a good idea to alienate the what somebody referred to as GUROS in a not so polite manner in an earlier thread.
whether we are basic, intermediate, or advanced this forum will rely on these knowledgeable people more than ever in the future so let us respect what they know and and hope they don't object to us picking their brains
IP

#40234 - 01/12/04 12:40 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Well said Ted.

I've only been a member of the forum for just over a year now, and I have no idea how long the Technic's forum has been in existance. I joined just before or after ( can't remember which) getting my kn7.
The one thing I did notice though, was that the majority of posts seemed to revolve around the kn7.

I've often wondered how some of the kn6 owners must have felt. They too, still had very current model keyboards, but for whatever reason didn't see the need to ugrade
albeit, they were happy with what they already had, or didn't want to / or couldn't aford to go to the expense of upgrading.
They must have really felt like they were being left out in the cold, when most of the posts seemed to involve something to do with the KN7.
The same thing would have happened later on this year, had there been a KN8000.

Hopefully we'll see more posts from earlier model keyboard owners & our Technic Piano & Organ friends.

Lets keep this wonderful community alive.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ted Rose:
[B]There were

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#40235 - 01/12/04 01:15 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
technicsplayer Offline

But kn6000 owners had their years of glory during that keyboard's lifetime, Rikki, with literally thousands of questions answered on this forum and the technote forum before that which you never saw - just check the number of posts in the profile

#40236 - 01/12/04 02:09 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Rikki, Ted, Johnnie, and Alec,

Rikki, I have a KN6000 and have never felt left out at this forum. As Alec said so well, when the KN6000 was the latest, we had our day in the sun so to speak. The reason I do not feel left out is because most of the discussion surrounding the technical aspects of the KN7000 still apply to the 5000/6000/6500. When someone raises a question concerning a particular problem they are having with their KN7000 and they receive an answer, I go to my keyboard and check it out. That is one of the many ways I learn.

I have invested heavily in keyboard accessories for my KN6000 because I wanted to learn to play well and be able to use all of the capability of my keyboard to make music. I have Alec's book, all of the Tony Pegler videos, about 40 MDC disks, the midi bass pedals, all of the foot switches and the expression pedal. So I have a wonderful setup and enjoy it immensely. Because of my investment in accessories I decided to keep my KN6000 when the KN7000 was introduced. I am happy with that decision.

This forum has been a real home for me. I check in several times each day. It brings me a lot of pleasure. Bebop's mailings bring pleasure as do all the music that has been shared by all of you. So it is my hope that it will continue without diminishing one iota. We all agree that we are a family and families stick together and help each other. I'm sure I will have questions from time to time and would want to be able to post them here and get accurate answers.

I'm sure this forum will carry on. I, for one, will remain here and contribute what I can to help others.

Best Wishes to All, Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck Piper (edited 01-12-2004).]

#40237 - 01/12/04 02:40 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys,
I don't doubt kn6 owners were just as well supported with their questions on their keyboards etc, it's just that during the time I've been here most of the songs & stuff that is shared has been done for the kn7.
Admittedly Cee, to his credit, did also give kn6 owners the opportunity to contribute songs to the site, not sure how many did, though.

Sorry guys, i think I'm feeling a bit meloncohly this morning, reality has finally hit.

best wshes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by technicsplayer:
[

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#40238 - 01/12/04 04:35 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ted,

This forum like any other will survive if it has the contributors. I feel most of us will still have our 5/6/7 keyboards for a long time. If we continue to support these owners in our own way I do not think the forum will die. It is up to the contributors.

Before purchasing my 6000 I had a Technics Organ and belonged to a Technics Organ group on the Internet using e-mail. I sold my organ but the Organ Buddies International (OBI) has doubled since the demise of Tehnics Organs. They have included a newsletter that keeps all members informed and their exchange of information continues. Our fellow forum member, Frank Bez, is still a member of the OBI. I also keep in touch.

I am sure this forum will continue...but if it does not...the OBI format can be used to continue for those of us that have not just gained
instrument knowledge but a host of wonderful friends around the world that we would not want to lose.

warm regards,

Fran in Florida

Ps. Nigel, Bebop, I am sure you have no thoughts of ending your great forum?

#40239 - 01/12/04 05:52 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Nigel have developed and maintained this forum
for years now, and as long as we behave properly
I think we have this going on for a loooooooooong time.
Don't worry, be happy
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#40240 - 01/12/04 11:13 PM Re: No More Technics (continued)
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Rikki,

Nice to see you're having your say. Yes, your're quite right; there are still a number of 6K members on the forum (myself included). For most of us when the chance came to upgrade to the 7K we decided not to because either it was too expensive (999GBp for the 6K and something in the region of 2000GBp for the 7K) or we were happy to stay with something we were happy with and were getting used to. For my part (and I think Lucy agrees), we have got so much music we want to try and play, the 6K could last us anything upto the next 10 years. As an interesting fact I pulled over a DeLoreon (c/r Back To The Future) yesterday. Now those cars haven't been made since the 80s; but, obviously, somebody still loves them.

Speak to you soon,

Mark

PS No bullet-holes to report...

#40241 - 01/13/04 03:20 AM Re: No More Technics (continued)
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
Being so new to Technics I didn't really feel my comments about their closure would be appropriate considering the experience and dedication of the members here, but reading these posts it just struck me - if any Technics people read this board they must be heartened by the feeling they have created and that will continue into the forseeable future.

I know, it doesn't get jobs back, nor does it give Technics players a next new version or make it up to those that bought 'dear' etc, but knowing that Technics keyboards will be cherished to get the very best and longest out of them must mean a lot to all connected to Technics and I think that is mentionable.

just a thought

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online