SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#401546 - 04/19/15 05:37 AM How to make a swinging style straight on Yamaha
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I want to make the "Piano Boogie" style straight. Any tips on how to achieve this?

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#401548 - 04/19/15 06:43 AM Re: How to make a swinging style straight on Yamaha [Re: montunoman]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You can try this and see if the results suit you.

After selecting style...

1. Press DIGITAL RECORDING, then STYLE CREATOR.

2. At the opening screen, TAB over to GROOVE.

3. Press the A section of the STYLE VARIATION buttons, and in the inset screen that pops up, use buttons 6 or 7 to select ALL.

4. Press OK. All style variation buttons should be lit.

5. Using buttons 1 or 2, set ORIGINAL BEAT at 12 Beat, and use buttons 3 or 4 to set BEAT CONVERTER at 8. You can hear the changes if you press START. These settings seem to sound the best to me, but you can experiment with others. These settings affect the entire style, intros, endings etc..

6. If/when you are happy with the result, press EXECUTE, and then rename and SAVE the style.

To "swing" a "straight" style, follow the above first 4 steps, and then, using buttons 6 or 7, set the amount of SWING ("C" is usually the best), again listening by pressing START. Press EXECUTE, then rename and save style.

I hope this helps you and the directions are clear enough.

Sometimes I will "swing" a "straight" style, and then use the parts from it (using STYLE ASSEMBLY) in another Swing style. Guitar and piano parts work especially well.

Also, horn parts from a "swing" to "straight" converted style can also be used in other straight styles using STYLE ASSEMBLY.

The GROOVE can also be used to "blend" style parts from different genres during STYLE ASSEMBLY, but that's another topic altogether.

Again, I hope this helps you.

Ian

#401554 - 04/19/15 09:36 AM Re: How to make a swinging style straight on Yamaha [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank Ian. Worked like a charm!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online