Topic Options
#401225 - 04/08/15 09:31 AM NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger
Bachus Offline

https://m.youtube.com/user/ManuInFrance/videos

Its an 88 key version of the PA300

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401236 - 04/08/15 08:21 PM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

I suppose there'll be a Havian 60 (an 88 pa600) and a Havian 90 (an 88 pa900) coming down the pipe as well then.

No Pa4X? That would be more interesting.

#401241 - 04/09/15 06:11 AM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: 124]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
I suppose there'll be a Havian 60 (an 88 pa600) and a Havian 90 (an 88 pa900) coming down the pipe as well then.

No Pa4X? That would be more interesting.

You never know with Korg, this model is in between pa600 and 300, with added high quallity piano sounds.

So close for Musikmesse seeing a product like this from Korg italy probably means we will not see a PA4x this year, but again, you never know with Korg..

#401242 - 04/09/15 06:25 AM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Old "revamped" technology once again?...Looks like arrangers are reverting toward the HOME PLAYER as that is where the sales & strengths are for players & manufacturers,.......you very rarely ever see an arranger KB on a Pro stage venue at all. Will Musikmesse change the direction this year?

Edited by Dnj (04/09/15 06:26 AM)

#401243 - 04/09/15 07:15 AM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It's a replacement for the PA-588 of a few years ago. Looks pretty good. Nice to see a relatively light 88-note piano based arranger.

Ian

#401244 - 04/09/15 08:01 AM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
It's a replacement for the PA-588 of a few years ago. Looks pretty good. Nice to see a relatively light 88-note piano based arranger.

Ian

With one big difference...

The PA588 was sold as an arranger with 88 keys... This new instrument is sold as a (stage)piano with added arranger function...

Korg US has the specs under the piano instruments...

And yes, sadly again the same old technollogy in a different package.

#401246 - 04/09/15 08:58 AM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
you very rarely ever see an arranger KB on a Pro stage venue at all. Will Musikmesse change the direction this year?

As I have said before, you don't see an arranger on a 'Pro stage venue', because IT IS NOT NEEDED ... For most players, the purpose of an arranger is to augment the sound of an INDIVIDUAL player, so that it sounds like there is more than one person playing ... on MOST 'Pro stage venues' there is a bass player, guitar player, drummer, horns, etc. etc. or any combination of those instruments, which are provided by the arranger ... I often use the sax voice on my arranger, especially when playing bossas ... two weeks ago when I played a gig with my friend Frank playing alto sax, did I use the sax voice on the kb even once? - NO - because he was there to provide that sound ...
A number of years ago I played with a classic rock cover band here in RI ... I used my arranger to provide pianos, strings, some horns etc. depending on the song... I NEVER used the bass, guitar, organ, or drums because there were LIVE players doing that ... in fact, if I had a synth at that time, I probably would have used that instead of the arranger ...
To take it a step further, in many 'Pro stage venues', the keyboard player has several different kbs/synths to use, utilizing the best that each has to offer ...

As for AKBs reverting back to the 'HOME PLAYER', that may be true, because the gigs that arrangers are primarily used for - NH/ Assisted Living/ Senior (55+) communities - are being taken over by people with laptops/iPADs/karaoke machines and a microphone ... OMBs and AKBs replaced small combos, and iPADs and tablets are replacing OMBs ... enjoy what we've got while we can ...

#401247 - 04/09/15 09:18 AM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

As I have said before, you don't see an arranger on a 'Pro stage venue', because IT IS NOT NEEDED ... For most players, the purpose of an arranger is to augment the sound of an INDIVIDUAL player, so that it sounds like there is more than one person playing ... on MOST 'Pro stage venues' there is a bass player, guitar player, drummer, horns, etc. etc. or any combination of those instruments, which are provided by the arranger
To take it a step further, in many 'Pro stage venues', the keyboard player has several different kbs/synths to use, utilizing the best that each has to offer ...

Spot on, Tony...I couldn't have said it any better.

Ian

#401249 - 04/09/15 10:12 AM Re: NEW: Korg Havian 30 arranger [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
you very rarely ever see an arranger KB on a Pro stage venue at all. Will Musikmesse change the direction this year?

As I have said before, you don't see an arranger on a 'Pro stage venue', because IT IS NOT NEEDED ... For most players, the purpose of an arranger is to augment the sound of an INDIVIDUAL player, so that it sounds like there is more than one person playing ... on MOST 'Pro stage venues' there is a bass player, guitar player, drummer, horns, etc. etc. or any combination of those instruments, which are provided by the arranger ... I often use the sax voice on my arranger, especially when playing bossas ... two weeks ago when I played a gig with my friend Frank playing alto sax, did I use the sax voice on the kb even once? - NO - because he was there to provide that sound ...
A number of years ago I played with a classic rock cover band here in RI ... I used my arranger to provide pianos, strings, some horns etc. depending on the song... I NEVER used the bass, guitar, organ, or drums because there were LIVE players doing that ... in fact, if I had a synth at that time, I probably would have used that instead of the arranger ...

As for AKBs reverting back to the 'HOME PLAYER', that may be true, because the gigs that arrangers are primarily used for - NH/ Assisted Living/ Senior (55+) communities - are being taken over by people with laptops/iPADs/karaoke machines and a microphone ... OMBs and AKBs replaced small combos, and iPADs and tablets are replacing OMBs ... enjoy what we've got while we can ...

Finally someone is listening!!!!! cool2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online