SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#401517 - 04/18/15 06:49 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Uh- oh first chink in the SS armor. Guy on the Keyboard Corner sales Forum is selling his. $700 and near me in NJ too but I'm not interested in anything right now. Big move in the works for us.
He said he prefers his K10. Interesting.

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads...est#Post2680889

Edited by Bill Lewis (04/18/15 06:51 AM)

#401527 - 04/18/15 12:10 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
He said that he wanted more volume . That's why he is selling the amp . God knows what kind of volume he is after . The amp is loud !!!!

#401529 - 04/18/15 01:29 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
That is what I was thinking. Volume is such a subjective and relative term. If he is into ear splitting metal or the like, no wonder.

Since I am in the Bose Compact set, it should be fine for me with perhaps a small sub, but I doubt it.

Edited by Bernie9 (04/18/15 01:30 PM)

#401531 - 04/18/15 01:56 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
spalding1968 Offline

This is just one of the very many testimonials raving about this new amp. This testimony was posted on the musicians forum today and it was by one of the newest converts to the SSV3. It encompasses everything that I love about this instrument amplification system and experience I myself have had ,when playing my keyboard through this amp.

"I wrote a post on the other stereo amp thread, and I think it's the best articulation I've written about my experience with the SS3. Forgive the duplication if you're reading both threads:

At the outdoor gig I mentioned, I went back and forth between playing my SK1 and SS3 combo; and a recent-Roland weighted keyboard through a KB500 which then ran the FOH (all the other keyboardists were curious about my setup, so when they were sitting in I always offered to play the Roland).

We can discuss these things academically of course, but on an emotional level it felt like someone had thrown a wet blanket over my soul when I tried to dig into the Roland/KB500 setup. A month earlier and I would have been mildly grateful that it was loud and barky enough to cut through the rest of the players. I would have registered that the sound wasn't exactly pleasing to the others or myself but I wouldn't have cared because what were my alternatives?

But going back to my setup, I felt like I was providing a naturally atmospheric-- as opposed to directional--sound that wrapped itself around the band AND the audience. It is VERY different in that way, and it takes a little getting used to--I used to think of 'being loud enough' as simply being heard "well enough" as opposed to being enjoyable to hear.

I used to use a personal stereo P.A. which was better-sounding than the Roland, Yamaha and motion Sound (2 models) I tested in my home. This got me through 10 years of gigs. Next up was to order a pair of powered monitors even though positioning was going to be a problem--who was going to hear the coolest sounds possible from my rig? Me? The band? Or the audience? In some settings, I would have had to choose. Having done that a little, I usually chose best for me, so I would play better and inspire the band, which hopefully inspired the audience.

But since I've been playing with the SS3, I barely think about stuff like that. I know the other band members are stunned by how well they can hear the keys, even when I'm not playing loudly. I know from walking around the dance floor or the audience that the further away you are, the more impressive the clear and present sound is, so far true up to about 200 feet in fact.

I've simply stopped looking (brooding) about keyboard amplification systems. Now I feel like I'm making music.

The day may come when I feel the need to add a sub, but it's hard to imagine--I don't really enjoy playing so loud onstage that it hurts. It seems to me that the volume of even the r and b/blues projects I'm involved with right now is plenty loud. I don't play left hand bass, but when I play New Orleans-flavored funky piano, I of course have an active left hand at times (other times, I look like I've only got a right hand in videos!). Regardless, so far I've never felt there was anything lacking but a little more talent."

#401533 - 04/18/15 02:49 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Nice review. My question is for us OMB Arranger Players how would it be with the drums and bass thrown in and especially the vocals. I'm sure a sub wold be needed in that situation. I'm really tempted to throw the guy near me in NJ an offer but everything is on hold for awhile. BTW I looked it up on Sweetwaters site and this guys asking price of $700 is way out of line, even if he did only use it for 3 gigs . Wink Wink

Can't wait for our friends here to fire one up.

#401838 - 04/27/15 07:43 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just got mine Saturday and it is everything Spalding reported and more.

Bear in mind that I haven't rigged up for stereo in over forty years, and the Bose Compact and L1 have been my speakers. I too have done due diligence on this puppy.

The first thing I tried was my BK-9 direct into the amp in stereo. the sound was absolutely stunning with the Leslie sim edging out my vent. The same with a whole bunch of styles. The next thing was vocals and piano-great. I also ran my ipad with MP3 with fine results.

I read about the possible need for a sub and connected the sub from my old Logitech Z33. It works with out a problem, but I don't see myself needing it. When you plug in the sub the CSS passes off the lows to the sub. That might be a good thing, but I don't need anything below 100hz, but it's there if you need it.

I am out the door to my band and will tell you how she does under fire.

Edited by Bernie9 (04/27/15 07:45 AM)

#401847 - 04/27/15 12:34 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
spalding1968 Offline

I did tell you !!!

Aspen is going to have to increase production on this amp many times over and he absolutely owns the patent and so there is zero competition . Even if you carried the best conventional stereo amps in the business and positioned them in the optimum position possible , it could not cover the room in 3D stereo like this amp .

Genuinely I have not come across a single keyboard amp that produced even clean 3D sound like this .

#402393 - 05/13/15 01:34 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: spalding1968]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
These are in stock again. Anybody going to jump?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Spacestation3

#402406 - 05/13/15 11:17 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: guitpic1]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
I reviewed the reviews and the designer's explanation. Can't resist the temptation, I ordered one this morning. My 2 L1 Compacts might be on sale soon.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#402409 - 05/14/15 12:46 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: synerjim]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: synerjim
I reviewed the reviews and the designer's explanation. Can't resist the temptation, I ordered one this morning. My 2 L1 Compacts might be on sale soon.

Hope to hear your review.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online