SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#401240 - 04/09/15 04:01 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks guys

It is getting more interesting all the time. I sometimes use one of my keyboards on top and a Nord Electro 2 on the bottom with a Neo Ventilator for my band work.

I could readily see the Hammond organ sounds being greatly enhanced over my monaural Bose Compact, but was doubtful of piano type sounds. I was thinking you might have to turn the width off for piano, but now see it automatically adjusts,

Edited by Bernie9 (04/09/15 04:02 AM)

#401258 - 04/09/15 08:32 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Beakybird Offline

If one were to add a subwoofer to this machine, is there anything that's not super heavy? Stage subwoofers typically weigh 75lbs and more.

For many years, I've been using 2 FBT Maxx 2A's. When they came out, they were the best 10" live speaker around. I very rarely get volume complaints, and I never get complaints about sound quality or clarity. But this Spacestation looks neat.

Edited by Beakybird (04/09/15 08:34 PM)

#401260 - 04/09/15 10:00 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I wish Bose would offer a new, light-weight compact, or something similar, in true stereo. Maybe other manufacturers will emulate the Spacestation v. 3 and start a trend.

#401261 - 04/09/15 10:47 PM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The space station technology is patented so it's unlikely that there will be anything similar to this coming out anytime soon .

And a sub is not absolutely necessary. It's really only needed if you want to play in a balls out full rock band at ear bleed levels . 99 percent of the work I do will never need that kind of muscle (thank God ). And if you ever need that any basic sub will do .

#401264 - 04/10/15 06:13 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Beakybird]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Beakybird
If one were to add a subwoofer to this machine, is there anything that's not super heavy? Stage subwoofers typically weigh 75lbs and more.

For many years, I've been using 2 FBT Maxx 2A's. When they came out, they were the best 10" live speaker around. I very rarely get volume complaints, and I never get complaints about sound quality or clarity. But this Spacestation looks neat.

Look up the EV ZX Sub or the Gallen Kruger 12" bass amp. cardinal so has a line of Micro Bass amps that are very good.

Edited by Bill Lewis (04/10/15 06:13 AM)

#401266 - 04/10/15 07:28 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
The space station technology is patented so it's unlikely that there will be anything similar to this coming out anytime soon .

And a sub is not absolutely necessary. It's really only needed if you want to play in a balls out full rock band at ear bleed levels . 99 percent of the work I do will never need that kind of muscle (thank God ). And if you ever need that any basic sub will do .

a) the space station technollogy is very similar to what bose does, very similar, and the idea behind it is exactly the same..

b) I think a subwoofer is more about getting those very very low bass sounds then it is about the volume of the bass notes..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#401271 - 04/10/15 08:02 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Adding a sub would add lots of unwanted things to my setup, more gear and more wires, neither of which is currently needed with the Bose L1 Compact. While the concept behind the Spacestation really sounds interesting to me, the added weight, especially in my current physical situation, would put it out of the realm of possibility. The heaviest item in my entire setup is the keyboard, which with the added weight of the case, puts it at 33 pounds. Yesterday, that keyboard felt like it weighed 133 pounds because of my bad back. A very attractive, well-endowed young lady offered to help me load my gear, but being a macho kinda guy I turned her down. Now I wish I would have accepted her offer. (sitting in my office with a heating pad on my lower back.) Oh well, maybe next time.

For the naysayers, when Bose came out with the line array of tiny speakers with it's L1 PAS system, you were the folks that claimed you couldn't project sound across a large venue without moving lots of air, and that could only be done with big speakers. WRONG! Then there those who said their big, conventional speakers were the only things that REAL bands would ever use. WRONG! Then there were those that said the linear array was just a fad and would soon go away. WRONG! Now everyone is trying to emulate Bose with their line arrays.

Just want to hear one live and in person,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401272 - 04/10/15 08:14 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Beakybird]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA

Sorry about the messed up reply before. I'm never going to try to do a post from my IPAD again.
Anyway there are some moderatly light solutions out there. My choice would be the EV ZX sub or the Carvin MB15 bass amp.

#401273 - 04/10/15 08:39 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I wonder if my L1 sub would work ?mmmmmmm-

#401274 - 04/10/15 08:50 AM Re: New Amp with rave reviews. CPS Spacestaion V.3 [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No, it's not a powered sub, Bernie.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online