SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#400836 - 03/25/15 12:37 PM Mixers
Bachus Offline

Yesterday my Mixer died, it was an old analogue Behringer... Now i am looking for a replacement, there are 2 models i can get at a good price under €2000. A Used Yamaha LS9-16 and a brandnew Allen &healt QU16...

But then again, they are probably overkill for my needs, since i am not that much into recording..

What kind and types of mixers are you guys using?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#400837 - 03/25/15 01:12 PM Re: Mixers [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (03/25/15 01:13 PM)

#400840 - 03/25/15 02:21 PM Re: Mixers [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I use this one too. It is compact with effects, just the right size for my gigs.

#400841 - 03/25/15 02:45 PM Re: Mixers [Re: Bernie9]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I would never use that Yamaha for studio or live.. Not that it's not ok, b ut there are way better mixers now days.
Bachus I wouldn't consider LS9 comparing to the new mixers these days.
Basically you have few really good choices here. Alen&Heath QU16, Soundcraft Si Expression, Behringer X32(producer or Compact) if you don't need that many channels.There is also Presonus Studiolive but the other three are much better mixers right now.
I personally have X32 Producer and I love the way it sounds. Maybe the best sounding one out of these three is Q16 if you want it for live. But, X32 has way better routing inside. Basically you can route anything anywhere. It has great effects too. You will not make a mistake whichever one you choose.It all depends on your needs.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#400842 - 03/25/15 02:50 PM Re: Mixers [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mackie Profx8 ... it's overkill, but I got a great deal ... and I like the features ... I usually only use it when I'm playing with at least one more musician ...

#400845 - 03/25/15 08:01 PM Re: Mixers [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Besides the little Edirol digiital mixer that I use most of the time, I also have a Yamaha MG82CX, similar to above, but with 8 channels, effects and compressor. Love it when I need a few more channels.
In addition I have a Peavey PV10 when still more is needed.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/61...ding_Mixer.html
There is a USB version of it now too.
All have proven to be excellent mixers for live performances.

#400848 - 03/25/15 10:48 PM Re: Mixers [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
I would never use that Yamaha for studio or live.. Not that it's not ok, b ut there are way better mixers now days.
Basically you have few really good choices here. Alen&Heath QU16, Soundcraft Si Expression, Behringer X32(producer or Compact) if you don't need that many channels.There is also Presonus Studiolive but the other three are much better mixers right now.
I personally have X32 Producer and I love the way it sounds. Maybe the best sounding one out of these three is Q16 if you want it for live. But, X32 has way better routing inside. Basically you can route anything anywhere. It has great effects too. You will not make a mistake whichever one you choose.It all depends on your needs.

My problem with Behringer is mechanical build quallity, i have had bad experiences with the brand in the past, But then any company has the right to improve its products.

How is the build quallity of the X32?

If so, the compact edition would also fit.

#400849 - 03/26/15 12:01 AM Re: Mixers [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
This is overkill as well, but this new wireless technology is cool...using an ipad to remotely mix.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/D...ts&device=c

In reality, since it's just the two of us, I use the Tryos mixer or use the Bose T1 mixer we have with our compacts.

By the way, I see Behringer is coming out with a small wireless mixer as well.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XR12

Edited by guitpic1 (03/26/15 12:19 AM)

#400850 - 03/26/15 04:23 AM Re: Mixers [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

My problem with Behringer is mechanical build quallity, i have had bad experiences with the brand in the past, But then any company has the right to improve its products.

This is my first Behringer. The built quality is good, especially if you are going to use it in your studio.They are great mixers.
If you can try any of these mixers try them.There is always a learning curve.But, digital mixers are way to go now days. There is really no need for analog mixers anymore. Especially at this price.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#400853 - 03/26/15 06:52 AM Re: Mixers [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

This is my first Behringer. The built quality is good, especially if you are going to use it in your studio.They are great mixers.
If you can try any of these mixers try them.There is always a learning curve.But, digital mixers are way to go now days. There is really no need for analog mixers anymore. Especially at this price.

Thanks for the headsup, currently also looking into the X32 rack, which has no mechanical sliders or knobs, but is fully software controlled, which would not be a problem for me... I could automate everything from my DAW, which is allways in my setup... And it costs about half the money of the other above 2 options...

My needs are rather static.. And this seems like a very costefficient solution..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online