SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#400786 - 03/23/15 12:22 PM Circle of Fifths video
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I know most on here will be adept at using the circle of fifths however for newcomers into the business, beginners or home players that just want to improve, I thought I would post these videos which are in an easy to understand format.

Enjoy

Bill

#400791 - 03/23/15 03:39 PM Re: Circle of Fifths video [Re: abacus]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
cool
In real life I am a mechanic by trade. I have always tinkered with things finding how they work and love fixing things too. In my music I am also a mechanic. I like to know why certain sounds mix well and others don't. I love sound synthesis and now have a better understanding in sound creation. I seriously studied music theory in high school, studied micro tunings, and tried my hand at composing. I worship JS Bach and his use of well tempered tuning which shocked the world at that time.

With today's computer I can listen to my musical passages with different tunings and dynamics applied on the fly and choose the harmonics I like best. Even an old hat should remember the basics. These circle of fifths videos sparked me to play around some more with harmonies and harmonics. Thanks for posting. -charley

#400798 - 03/23/15 10:26 PM Re: Circle of Fifths video [Re: rattley]
Bachus Offline

I liked the video that Jordan Rudess did on this a few years ago... Great stuff..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online