SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40074 - 04/09/06 04:23 PM THE STRANGEST THING HAPPENED!!!
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
A very nice person that is a member of the forum sent me a few disk files to preview. I put in the first disk in my KN7000 and loaded the first style, listened to it and started to use it to play a song. Well, I got the surprise of my life! I hit a C chord and the style was playing in Db and I started to play with my right hand and it was playing in the key of C, which I thought I was playing in. I started over and the style was still playing back in Db. I brought up the second style and the same thing happened. I then went into COMPOSER and checked to see if perhaps these were composed in another key - they weren't. I brought up the third style and the same thing. I decided I wasn't going to be able to use anything on this disk with this happening. I stayed with it and the FIFTH style played correctly. I then decided to go back to the first style, downloaded it again and it played correctly, as well as the rest. Has anyone else experienced this odd phenomenon?

Scott

#40075 - 04/11/06 01:59 PM Re: THE STRANGEST THING HAPPENED!!!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Scot,

Over the years, I've found this happens quite often when using 'sequenced/midi' files particularly when loading one after another. The PC's memory seems to get confused and it has a 'hiccup'. All I do is initialise the keyboard and re-load the file which usually works.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#40076 - 04/12/06 07:08 AM Re: THE STRANGEST THING HAPPENED!!!
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Audrey,

Thanks for your reply. I heard from Mary and she said this has been mentioned sometime ago on the forum. She said that it was a foot pedal malfunction that caused this problem. All one needed to do is unhook the foot pedal and plug it back in and it generally resolved the problem. This happened only on one of the 5 disks sent to me - the others loaded OK. I would not be pleased if this happened in a public performance.

Scott

#40077 - 04/12/06 10:38 PM Re: THE STRANGEST THING HAPPENED!!!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Scot,

You mention that it happens on "one disk only", it sounds to me as though this could be a faulty disk. When the Computer Fair first came to our area I visited it and bought a pack of 50 Floppies for £25 (a very good buy in those days) and there were two that proved to be faulty, so I re-saved each good file to my keyboard and then saved to a new disk. It might be worth a try.

I had an horrendous and very stressful time with a faulty KN6000 bought several years ago, so I know exactly what you're saying about 'live' performances when this sort of thing happens.

Good luck!

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online