SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#400293 - 03/07/15 10:05 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
why VST's in the first place, ......why doesn't anyone like the sounds already in a keyboard.....who's judging anyway....
just sayin? after almost 50 yrs on stage no one has ever said anything about the sounds I use.... confused1
I don't get it? whats all the fuss?

Offcourse we like the sound in the keyboards of today, my T5 is fracking brilliant..

But somehow VSTs are so much more flexible and have so many more options.. SA and SA2 sounds and ensemble voices is something that comes from the VST world, and i can name atleast 10 more top features only available in VSTs these days..

I will give you some examples...
-There is pianoteq, which obviously is the best most naturall piano sound created, you will not hear the difference between a top grand of 200k and pianoteq.
-There is huge and broad orchestra sounds, which you can play live and sound like a real orchestra, ensemble on stroids with 40 to 60 instruments
-I have a set of synths from arturia that just sound like the real instuments, ARP2600, minimoog, jp80, CS80, and more..
- omnisphere that lets you design any sound you want just from the ground
- and all those sounds are edditable in real time by just twisting some knobs
- i have Korg VSTs that sound like the real instruments
- drums with roundrobbin that just sound like they are plyed live with all imperfections.
In the end VSTs are like having dozens of different instruments inside a single box..

If you want to sound just like the orriginal artists then an arranger does the job very well, butIf you want to create new sounds and your own compositions or just play with sounds, then VSTs really add a lot...

I think for the needs that most people have on this forum, they will never need anything more then a T5... But then others just love moving forward and just playing with all those musicall toys.. For me its fun, and i can toy around hours with a new sound, tweaking it till it sounds just perfect and then finding a use for them...

Edited by Bachus (03/07/15 10:08 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#400294 - 03/07/15 10:07 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Donny VST INS are for DAW recording and sounds are very good not great yet for stage araing are better in live performance I am getting into VST as well just purchased Cubase pro 8 and nektar p6 keybed for my studio looking to put out some real good stuff soon .

#400296 - 03/07/15 10:14 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: musicforyourday]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Donny VST INS are for DAW recording and sounds are very good not great yet for stage araing are better in live performance I am getting into VST as well just purchased Cubase pro 8 and nektar p6 keybed for my studio looking to put out some real good stuff soon .

Well, that VSTs are not good for live just got changed with the Akai advanced keyboard... It functions just like any hardware synth ( not a workstation or arranger). But for those using 2 keys its the perfect thing to add on top of your arranger or workstation... With SSDs and diskstreaming, loading times of VSTs have almost dissapeared.. On top of that, if you make a setlist for your gig, everything gets preloaded..

VSTs are very much ready for using them live...

#400300 - 03/07/15 11:03 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

I understand what VSt's are and can do,....but I don't think it's worth my effort to start getting into using them at this point, .....but I appreciate the enthusiasm you show and wish you guys luck who use them for your musical needs...

#400302 - 03/07/15 11:10 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
why VST's in the first place, ......why doesn't anyone like the sounds already in a keyboard.....who's judging anyway....
just sayin? after almost 50 yrs on stage no one has ever said anything about the sounds I use.... confused1
I don't get it? whats all the fuss?

DITTO!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#400304 - 03/07/15 11:17 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

the learning curve on Cubase pro 8 is steep but I am diving in .

#400305 - 03/07/15 11:19 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: Bachus]
musicforyourday Offline

4 hour class today at my house I am taking this seriously gonna get it if it kills me .

#400306 - 03/07/15 11:21 AM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
4 hour class today at my house I am taking this seriously gonna get it if it kills me .

Good Luck Ron with CB....I know it's a Bear but in the end you'll be successful......lots of online tutorials also to watch..

#400317 - 03/07/15 02:59 PM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I understand what VSt's are and can do,....but I don't think it's worth my effort to start getting into using them at this point, .....but I appreciate the enthusiasm you show and wish you guys luck who use them for your musical needs...

Its obviously not for you, you are happy where you are, you dont even have a TOTL arranger, if i where you i would make sure to stay happy, that makes life a lot easier

But as allways, you fail to accept the fact that other people have differend needs and different wants.... To everyone his own.. I know what i want.. And i know what i enjoy most..

My neighbour has a new car every year, my car is 10 years old and it takes me everywhere i want... I prefer new toys to play with, and those toys happen to be electronic instruments.. And guess what, both me and my neeighbour are hapy and good friends...while he wonders why i keep that old car, and i wonder why he buys new cars every year

Edited by Bachus (03/07/15 03:02 PM)

#400319 - 03/07/15 05:05 PM Re: Akai finally makes VSTs available to non techies.. [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Bachus do you know about keyboard action? ?
How are the keys??

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online