SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#400080 - 03/01/15 11:43 AM Re: Quick CD for Demo [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The songs I listened to sound very good. Maybe back off a little on using harmony on some. I want to hear your voice.
By the way, it's pronounced "Share A-Me-O" (in Jambalaya). Hank Williams just stuck the O on there so it would rhyme.
The translation is Cher ami which is Cajun French. Hank was referring to the woman in the song. He was saying that he was going see his dear love. Though similar to the Parisian Cher ami meaning dear friend, to a Cajun Sha is friend and Cher is love. So the translation is Cher ami-o meaning dear love.

Of course Hank pronounced Thibodaux as Tippy-To, and Fonteneau as Fountain-O, so it really doesn't matter! smile
Just trying to be helpful. When I moved to Louisiana 36 years ago, I was quickly corrected as to how to sing this song!

#400096 - 03/02/15 02:02 AM Re: Quick CD for Demo [Re: DonM]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Cheers' Don

When you come from Lancashire, as I do, the local accent tends to bleed through so authenticity tends to take a back seat. I'm slowly (slowly) weaning myself off the harmony but as I'm sure you are aware old dogs and new tricks don't always go together.

All the best

Col

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online