SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39990 - 02/10/03 05:45 PM New FREE Songs For the KN7000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Dear Friends,

I’ve just completed a new CD entitled “For Lovers Only”. It’s the first project recorded on the KN7000. I’m trilled by the small improvements in the sequencer. They have made a great sequencer better. These are all Henry Mancini songs, including some beautiful ones that you may not be familiar with. If you are looking for something for your Valentine,this might be of some small help. In any case these are especially for Bob Hendershot’s Carol and Grandpa’s Ruthie and Bebop’s Jenn. I know Bill doesn’t have a 7K, but I’ll find a way to get the CD to her. And, who knows Bill may come to his senses.

If you would like to have the 7K file, just drop me a note and I’ll zip it to you.
Don’t dilly-dally. I not sure how long I’ll be around.

Frank
frankbez@aol.com

#39991 - 02/10/03 08:09 PM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Frank,
Our prayers are with you as you get this surgery done. I recall at our last visit you were getting tests done, but didn't know it was gonna be major heart surgery.
We are in Pismo Beach next week. Should I bring my keyboard to the hospital to serenade you?
Just hang in there dude and know that God is in control and all will be well.
Best to you from Bebop and Jann

#39992 - 02/11/03 07:23 AM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Wiped and got up, went downstairs, pushed Macs little on button, made a cup of tea and went back out to the computer as usual. Now to see what all my buddies got to say. On her way to the kitchen to rustle up some breakfast, she stops behind me and ruffles my old silvery hair a little while she peeks over my shoulder to see what I’m reading as Ruthie always does. Moving her hand from my hair to around my neck while she moves to my side, closer to the screen she whispers: For lovers only and for me? How nice. Sliding her hand to her side she picks up a corner of her apron and dabs the corner of her eye as she disappears into the kitchen. Frank, you’ve blessed this little woman today and I want to thank you.

Grandpa Doug

#39993 - 02/11/03 08:10 AM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.. this is a SPECIAL place.... with SPECIAL people ....
t.

#39994 - 02/11/03 01:31 PM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the the prompt sending out of the "For Lovers Only" songs for the KN7000 especially at this time when you have so much on your mind. Jeanette and I have been enjoying them while having breakfast this morning. As always your attention to detail is meticulous - from the playing and arrangements through to the specially tweaked sounds.

Cheers

Len C.

#39995 - 02/11/03 03:34 PM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Frank Ole Buddy,

Marg and I enjoyed your latest release while eating dinner....perfect....not one un-dotted eye as usual.
Your expertice on the organ has certainly carried over to the keyboard.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

#39996 - 02/13/03 09:21 PM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
A public thank you, Frank, for the great songs you recorded! I am constantly amazed at the talent of the members of the Forum. Thanks to you all!

Ted

#39997 - 02/27/03 11:07 AM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Frank: SUPERB work and a beautiful Mancini themed album! I really enjoyed our visit earlier this month, and I feel so priviledged to have heard your "For Lovers Only" album played on your very impressive home stereo system. Your album sounds even more awesome than I ever imagined, because your speakers (magnoplane?) are able to capture all the musical subtlties (emotions) of your music arranging/;orchestration skills. Frank, I continue to regularly listen to & enjoy your album. I'm looking forward to hearing more music from you after you've recovered with your upcoming operation.

Scott

#39998 - 02/27/03 09:43 PM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hi Frank,

Is there an opportunity for me to listen to some of your works? I am constantly listening to better musicians so that I could improve further.

I am looking forward to share some of my songs with all of you one day.

#39999 - 02/28/03 10:34 AM Re: New FREE Songs For the KN7000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Bill, Grandpa, Tony Len, Fran and Ted,

Thank you for your interest. Making music really is fun, isn’t it?

Scott,

Your interest in technology has prompted me to give a brief description of the system I use to play back my recordings. The ribbon speakers are made by Magnepan, http://www.magnepan.com. Because of their open design they reproduce a very broad and precise sound stage. Fortunately the Technics keyboard has almost all of the facilities one would find in a professional sound studio. By panning, each instrument can be placed left, center or right and by controlling the reverb the front to back positioning can be controlled. With proper sound processing, effects such as wind chimes can be heard right on top of the listeners head.

The Magnepans are only moderately efficient, as a result I used the Music Fidelity integrated amplifier, manufactured in the UK, to deliver 250 watts to each speaker. While the bass response of these speakers is quite good, I use a 375 watt Genesis sub woofer to reproduce the very low bass notes that our keyboards can produce. These are primarily those notes that can be felt more than they can be heard.

Finally I use the Music Hall CD-25 player, which uses the Philips CDM transport and the Burr Brown 24-bit chip to provide the digital-to-analog conversion. While this system is in the medium price range, I find that it outperforms many system that cost four or five times more.

Scott, I think this sound system was instrumental in helping you make some excellent suggestions to improve my playing, which is very much appreciated.

Frank

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online