SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#399453 - 02/11/15 07:20 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
UPDATE!!!!!
The SD card reader is working again for whatever reason.
I have obtained my late brother's KN7 and will sell mine, as his has had very little use.
I also have about five other cards with a lot of data on them and will back them up for safety in future.
Following all of your advice I should be able to save the corrupted cards by copying my existing back-up card thru my computer, if I have understood you correctly and may not need to accept Mike's offer of assistance (Thanks Mike).
(Incidentally, my PC crashed on Monday without any back-up. I have now learned a nasty lesson, and it will not happen again as I will save all of my data to another hard drive. I did not lose everything , but it is warning enough to change my ways.
Also I have been advised to not remove the SD card while KB is turned on, which ensures that the reader will work effectively all the time using that process.
A big thank you to you all for the help and advice during this "saga"
dance dancers clap Ray

#399469 - 02/12/15 06:14 AM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Great news Ray, I have lost data before and you know that saying "It will never happen to me!!!" so the best practice backup and backup again,I even have a separate USB Hard drive just for my KN stuff,It was not too expensive but when I look at all the files I could not replace,the price was well worth it.
Best regards John.

#399494 - 02/12/15 03:07 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
For additional protection backup your files to The Cloud, as it is separate (And a great distance) from where you have your computer and backup stored.

Bill

#399501 - 02/12/15 05:27 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Thanks , John and Bill.
I am buying another hard drive for back-up.
Bill, your English Riviera is no match for any part of the

Australian coastline, just ask all the "Poms" who live here (ha ha)!!!

#399502 - 02/12/15 05:42 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Good news. My contacts are safe and all my e-mails relating to a golf competition of which I am The President (VIP, car spot and free lunches). I can live with the rest which I will restore at my leisure, and watch out for those sharks Bill!!
Ray

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online