SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39930 - 12/17/02 12:20 PM MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY FOR THIS FORUM

It has been a year since many of you moved over here from another forum to join those of us that had been here for a couple of years at that time. Will you all join with me and extend your thanks to Nigel for providing this forum for us, and for understanding our needs.
We are a typical cross section of people with likes and dislikes, agreements and disagreements but in the final analysis we are joined together through our love of our music, and instruments. This most often sets the tone of mutual respect in our forum and brings us into fellowship. This is the common denominator that sets us apart from the strife found on many other bulletin boards.
I hope you will all extend your thanks to Nigel for giving us a forum that is free of heavy handed censorship and to use as we best see fit. I am aware that Nigel’s wife spends a lot of her time helping him watch over the “zone”. I am sorry that I don’t have her name in my forgetful mind but I also wish to thank her for her work here. We are very fortunate to have musicians own and operate this Synthzone. It gives us much more freedom then I have seen on other forums that have not survived.
It has been a joy to me to watch the continuous growth of this forum. We have a minimum amount of friction and my job has been mostly as an observer and occasional contributor. It is seldom that I feel the need to interfere in the exchanges on this forum. I am thankful for that.
The new KN7000 has been taking up a lot of the posts but there is still a lot of interest in the other Technics keyboards. Let us keep the cross section of keyboard posts active. There are more people here that do not yet have the 7k then there are those that do. I am sure there are many more questions on those keyboards to be answered yet. We also need to be aware that for many of the KN7000 purchases someone is buying their old keyboard that was traded or sold. We then have a new group of people to find and encourage to membership in the Technics Forum. It would be my suggestion that you tape the address of this forum to the manual and the end of the keyboard inviting the new purchaser to join us here. We can be very helpful to many of those new members. Tell your dealer too. Many of our dealers have sent a lot of you here for help and contacts.
Thanks to all the new members that have joined us this year and the posts you have made. I have heard from many of you through email, that are not yet posting and only reading posts. I encourage you to post here too as it is also your forum. Don’t feel intimidated or discouraged. Jump in here and let us help you or fellowship with you. Who knows, one of us might be your neighbor down the street or somebody you went to school with many years ago. I have made so many friends on this forum, that I can’t begin to tell you have happy I am. I am also super pleased to have met many of you and to have had jam sessions with several. This is a great place. Please let us keep it that way and once again. THANK YOU NIGEL AND FAMILY. Our very best to you in this wonderful HOLIDAY season and for the years ahead. I know you put a lot of work into this and for that we are all truly thankful.
Best to you and yours from all the members of the Technics Forum.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All Members

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-23-2002).]

#39931 - 12/17/02 12:34 PM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Well said Bill. Thanks Walter.

#39932 - 12/18/02 11:56 AM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Very well said, Bill. I, and many others, I'm sure, echo your remarks and thanks to Nigel, et.al. for this great Forum. A day without the Forum would be like a day without sunshine for me!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL my Forum friends and may the NEW YEAR be filled with joy and good will among us all!

Ted

#39933 - 12/19/02 08:28 PM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Well said Bebop,
Thanks to Nigel and Family and all the Forum members. I for one have learned a lot from the members and as we present our questions and play our keyboards, may the Spirit of Christmas remain with us throughout the coming year.
Best Regards,
Dave

#39934 - 12/23/02 07:42 PM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Only three members are joining me to thank Nigel for this great forum He provides for us at no cost.I am sure there must be many more members here that feel the way we do. Please join us if you do. Let our host hear from you and know that they are appreciated for their work and expense.
Thank you all
Bebop

#39935 - 12/23/02 09:00 PM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
I think without saying, that from the level of activity on this board, we all enjoy and truly appreciate the oportunity to learn and interact with each other.
Thank You Nigel and Family. A very Merry Christmas and a Blessed, Prosperous and Healthy New Year.
Thanks Again,
Walt

#39936 - 12/23/02 09:19 PM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Yes, I want to express my appreciation and thanks to Nigel and family for their initial and continuing support of our KN forum. But I also want to include you, Bebop, in this message of appreciation, for if you had not searched for a new home for us, we would be much poorer, musically speaking. You have worked tirelessly to encourage people to join us, help us, and share their music with us. The forum newsletter and the 20 for 1 downloads were great ideas even though the newsletter had to be abandoned. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

I have benefitted in several ways from my membership and particpation in this forum and would like to say "Thank You" to some others who have made being a part of this forum a real and constant pleasure.

Alec Pagida. You, my friend, have graciously donated your time and wonderful expertise for the benefit of all of us. It hasn't always been a bed of roses for you but you hung in there like the pro you are and never gave up. And you are still with us, thank goodness. Where would we be without your complete and accurate responses to our technical questions, not only with KN keyboards, but also related equipment such as computers, sound amplification etc.

Bill Norrie, John North, Bebop, Bud Whipple, Frank Bez, Larry Gosmeyer, Doug Dean, Jan Wain, and Pete Dale. All of you have shared your music with me. Its beautiful music! Thank you all!

Our ladies, Jan in the UK, Jean in Australia, Fran and Marilyn in Florida, and others, are eager and active members who bring a special ambience to our forum that only ladies can provide.

Grandpa Doug. A philosopher, keyboard player, entertainer, gardener, and Ruthie's special sidekick. Grandpa, you bring color and a unique "down home" flavor to this forum - a rather nice addition in my view. General conversation is the lighter side of this forum and I enjoy it.

I've been taking lessons for about a year and I'm progressing nicely as a novice keyboard player. That's the playing side of it. But like all of you I have an arranger keyboard packed full of technology and my music teacher does not teach technology. Where have I learned how to use the "high tech" stuff? Right here on this forum. I have two notebooks packed full of printed responses to technical questions that appeared here. And a third notebook is in the process of being filled!

Finally, I believe in being honest and fair among other things. I must give credit to the Technote forum where my online forum experience began and where I began learning about my keyboard. The core reason for that forum still exists and people are being helped daily by other people who answer their questions, personal opinions concerning that forum notwithstanding.

Thank you all for making my KN musical experiences special in 2002 and I look forward to many more in 2003.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FORUM FRIENDS.

Chuck Piper

#39937 - 12/24/02 02:28 AM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Merry Xmas to you all and many thanks for all your postings that make this forum the great resource it has become. It takes us ALL to make a successful and constructive community like the Technics Forum. I hope you all find whatever you hope for in your Xmas stocking this holiday season.

#39938 - 12/24/02 06:41 AM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
When I think back to the empty, frustrated feelings I had when the technote forum went through its metamorphosis, and then see where we have come to on this forum, I cannot help but have deep gratitude to BeBop and Nigel for all the effort they put in to give us a place to meet and discuss music, keyboards, and life in general .....
I thank them for providing the means, and I thank all of you for making it the wonderful place it is ...
For this Christmas, I wish you all Peace, Love, and Patience .....
Merry Christmas,
t.

#39939 - 12/24/02 08:58 AM Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS A THANK YOU TO NIGEL AND FAMILY
Anonymous
Unregistered

THANKS TO ALL

Fran in Florida

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online