SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#399128 - 02/04/15 09:51 PM advanced ensemble
Bachus Offline

We all love the ensemble feature in Tyros 5... this is whats up next taking the whole ensemble feature one step further allowing you to play a full orchestra real time... its called LASS.

However, this kind of software does not come cheap, it is a kontakt plug in and requires a full working version of Kontakt 5. And yet it costs $1399, but they are giving great discounts, and you can actually buy it on times for like $699.

Maybe a bummer for those that think that software is the cheap way to go... as allways great stuff comes at a price. And who wouldnt pay for a beatifull sounding LASS like this.

If Yamaha wants to build uppon the ensemble feauture and upgrade the hardware of the T6 considerably then this would be an awesome upgrade.. And Korg? well, seems they missed the train on this kind of innovative features so far, however, PA4x is just around the corner, maybe they will surprise us..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399150 - 02/05/15 08:47 AM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: Bachus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Those are some incredibly sounding strings! Would love to have that at my fingertips on the T5, but alas I'm not likely to plunk down (to use the word the guy in the video used a lot) upwards of $700+ to get it - oh well, maybe in the T6 or T7!

Jim

#399186 - 02/06/15 10:35 AM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: jimlaing]
Bachus Offline

Here is another one of those great kontakt expansions, and actually when you look of how Yamaha advances the Tyros it almost feels as if they want to make a hardware version of kontakt...

#399196 - 02/06/15 02:52 PM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I wish keyboards had these kinds of strings and orchestral sounds, instantly available and without any lag. I do not want to go down the software route. I want to play a keyboard, not a computer. I'm not at all tech-savvy. frown

Edited by Mikem (02/06/15 02:53 PM)

#399197 - 02/06/15 03:15 PM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: Mikem]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
I wish keyboards had these kinds of strings and orchestral sounds, instantly available and without any lag. I do not want to go down the software route. I want to play a keyboard, not a computer. I'm not at all tech-savvy. frown

If anyone can do it, its Yamaha, they tend to remove the tech heavy layer and give people stuff they can actually play..... Thats why Yamaha should give the T6 a huge hardware performance upgrade to make it possible

#399198 - 02/06/15 03:42 PM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: Mikem]
abacus Online   content

Loc: English Riviera, UK

For live play the system can be setup so that all the sounds load at boot up (Just like current keyboards) so that there is no lag when changing sounds.

Bill

#399199 - 02/06/15 03:47 PM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: Bachus]
abacus Online   content

Originally Posted By: Bachus

If anyone can do it, its Yamaha, they tend to remove the tech heavy layer and give people stuff they can actually play..... Thats why Yamaha should give the T6 a huge hardware performance upgrade to make it possible

Why Yamaha is not upgrading their TOTL arranger to incorporate these types of sounds is an interesting question, (They have owned Steinberg for years, so could easily have included these top sounds years ago) although I have a good idea why they don’t.

Bill

#399202 - 02/06/15 04:17 PM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: abacus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: abacus

For live play the system can be setup so that all the sounds load at boot up (Just like current keyboards) so that there is no lag when changing sounds.

I'm not sure, I guess it would take much too long to load it at boot up, it is probably not a few hundred Megabytes (which took the Korg M3 already 1 minute to load), but a lot of GB. Wouldn't one need a "data streaming" solution like the Kronos or Kurzweil Forte has? I don't think it would be easy for a keyboard to handle this tons of data without latencies.

#399204 - 02/06/15 04:35 PM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: ]
abacus Online   content

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: abacus

I'm not sure, I guess it would take much too long to load it at boot up, it is probably not a few hundred Megabytes (which took the Korg M3 already 1 minute to load), but a lot of GB. Wouldn't one need a "data streaming" solution like the Kronos or Kurzweil Forte has? I don't think it would be easy for a keyboard to handle this tons of data without latencies.

Kontakt like most VSTs uses disk streaming so only a part of the sounds need to be loaded. (If you look bottom left in the demo you will see the total sample size but if you look up towards the top right, you will see only a small amount needs to be loaded into ram.

Wersi OAS 7 instruments have had the capability to load these types of VST for 10 years without extended loading times. (Particularly if you use a SSD)

Korg arrangers have always been slow loading, for example the Wersi Pegasus Wing has to run the BIOS checks, Load the Win 7 operating system and then load the OAS program and sounds + the VB3 VST, yet it is still operational quicker than a PA900.

Bill

#399219 - 02/07/15 03:32 AM Re: advanced ensemble [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Thank you Bill, for explaining, there still is much misunderstanding of these VSTs.. But ome thing everyone seems to understand so far.. The quallity is stunning.. Just listen to this Kontakt expansion pack.... And we are only talking Kontakt here, thats just a single VST.

Its a little cheeper, you get 53 high class instruments for about €150, a great price in my opinion, it also works with the kontakt free player, if i am correct..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online