SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#399124 - 02/04/15 03:44 PM Roland Integra Price drop
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA
This is in the Sweetwater email adds..

$500 Price Drop on Integra-7

Roland's Integra-7 gives you immense creative power, both live and in the studio. Packed with over 6,000 sounds and boasting room for up to 12 SRX expansion boards, the Integra-7 is a sonic powerhouse. If you've been eyeing one, now would be the time to get yours, thanks to a $500 price drop!

500.00 is a pretty good discount... Ron

#399125 - 02/04/15 04:01 PM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: rb293]
rosetree
Unregistered

I've been reading about this price drop on Rolandclan.com, too. It was interpreted as a sign of an "Integra-8", but I don't expect anything in that direction. There is no price drop in Europe. In contrast, it has even got a few euros more expensive. Probably also a matter of exchange rates (as far as I know, most manufacturers calculate prices based on US$).

#399127 - 02/04/15 09:22 PM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
I've been reading about this price drop on Rolandclan.com, too. It was interpreted as a sign of an "Integra-8", but I don't expect anything in that direction. There is no price drop in Europe. In contrast, it has even got a few euros more expensive. Probably also a matter of exchange rates (as far as I know, most manufacturers calculate prices based on US$).

I dont think there will ever be an Integra 8.... as the integra 7 holds everything Roland created in a long time....

We might see the full integra capabillities and maybe even an expansion on that in another form tough. Either hardware or software.

releasing the integra as a VST might be interesting for Roland, selling it at $399 and then $99 for each expansion card..

Edited by Bachus (02/04/15 09:24 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399141 - 02/05/15 06:27 AM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus

I dont think there will ever be an Integra 8.... as the integra 7 holds everything Roland created in a long time.....

Although the number of sounds is vast of course, there are quite many sounds NOT included in the Integra:
- most of the waveforms that were new in the Fantom X are not part of the Integra (the SRX library and the older XV PCM and even the PCM part of the SN-Synth don't contain most of them)
- some arranger sounds (e.g. saxophones) obviously developed by Roland Europe are not in the Integra.
As a consequence for example, my older SonicCell module has better pipe organs than the Integra. But of course, in most cases you don't miss the lacking Fantom X sounds, as SN-A and SRX are usually the better ones.
What's more important, and that really bothers many users, are three restrictions:
- only 4 SRX boards can be used simultaneously, and you can't load SRX boards automatically when changing to another studio set (registration).
- the reverb is of bad quality
- there are only 64 storage locations for studio sets (registrations), so that you have to use workarounds (like midi bank/program changes from certain ipad apps) if you have longer playlists to play live.

#399161 - 02/05/15 10:35 AM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I dont think there will ever be an Integra 8.... as the integra 7 holds everything Roland created in a long time.....

Although the number of sounds is vast of course, there are quite many sounds NOT included in the Integra:
- most of the waveforms that were new in the Fantom X are not part of the Integra (the SRX library and the older XV PCM and even the PCM part of the SN-Synth don't contain most of them)
- some arranger sounds (e.g. saxophones) obviously developed by Roland Europe are not in the Integra.
As a consequence for example, my older SonicCell module has better pipe organs than the Integra. But of course, in most cases you don't miss the lacking Fantom X sounds, as SN-A and SRX are usually the better ones.
What's more important, and that really bothers many users, are three restrictions:
- only 4 SRX boards can be used simultaneously, and you can't load SRX boards automatically when changing to another studio set (registration).
- the reverb is of bad quality
- there are only 64 storage locations for studio sets (registrations), so that you have to use workarounds (like midi bank/program changes from certain ipad apps) if you have longer playlists to play live.

Offcourse its not perfect, its build by Roland, and Roland allways leaves soemthing to wish for in any product they release... They are better at that game then any other developer...

But Roland is also known to make every instrument they create different and unique, they are not known for long lines of instruments with only small uogrades... They dance a different beat each time they develop something new..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#399179 - 02/06/15 07:06 AM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: rb293]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Give away a golden egg once in a while... But never give up the goose. That's what a Roland rep told me back in the late 90's. I wanted more polyphony than 64 in a Roland XP-60. Don't give up the goose!

The Roland Fantom G was introduced in mid-2008. We are now in the 7th year of their 4th generation workstation. No replacement in the foreseeable future. Don't give up the goose!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#399195 - 02/06/15 02:39 PM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Hi Rosetree,

I had a question about one of your comments. You mention that the Integra-7 has bad reverb. How bad is it? And is there a way to bypass its reverb and pass it through another keyboard's or reverb box (or whatever you call it - I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to anything technical). Is it easy to do?

Thanks!

#399200 - 02/06/15 03:59 PM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: rb293]
rosetree
Unregistered

If you listen to this tune, there is quite a lot of reverb, especially listening to the end. It has a rather shrill, acute sound. I can live with it, e.g. you can blend the higher frequencies of the reverb away if you want to (but then it doesn't sound as wet of course).

https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/beam-me-up-the-1966-star-trek-theme-on-roland-integra-7

But the Yamaha MoXF reverb is definitely better. This is an example with MoXF sounds and reverb:
https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/yamaha-moxf-with-garritan-gpo

What I've started to do sometimes, is using the MoXF stereo input for the Integra, using the dry Integra signal and applying the MoXF reverb to the input signal. However, all Integra parts have the same amount of MoXF reverb then. I'm not that picky about reverb, so I can arrange well with it.

Edited by rosetree (02/06/15 04:02 PM)

#399201 - 02/06/15 04:14 PM Re: Roland Integra Price drop [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Thank you, Rosetree, for taking the time to explain it with examples. By the way, I love that Star Trek theme! Nicely played. You were able to capture that 60s feel!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online