SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#398780 - 01/27/15 11:30 AM KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But...........
Dnj Offline

KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But,...........
Here are my thoughts on this, ....I have the S-950 for almost 2 years next month that is WAY beyond my "modus operandi" but in all honesty I enjoy playing it on stage throughout hundreds of gigs and it really sounds great although I need to use workarounds to suit my needs...sounds & styles are of no concern for me as the S950 has no problem with that aspect,.... its all about navigation, design, display, VH, & how I can incorporate all of that into a comfortable rapid fire operation singing & playing these keyboards. I have to go with what I know I need to do vs listing to anyone else who I'm sure does it different. We are not clones by any means...
The Korg 900 seems to have many features that seem better for my tasks on stage, TC-VH, Larger display & Songbook all of which I have used on my Pa3x, Pa800/500 etc, thru the years......
but In my opinion although close lacks the sound quality of the S-950, S-950's speakers are a big plus also in certain situations...
Next I wonder if its really worth it at all? and then I have to set it up all over again with my sounds styles and Registrations/Performances etc,....& that takes a bit of time of which I don't have ...if someone would offer me a fast even trade S950 for Pa900...in my craziness of the moment I would probably do it if they gave me a few days to ship so that I can set up the Korg 900 without interrupting the flow for gigging.... that should only take a few days or less, or I could sell the S-950 & buy a Korg Pa900, ..
& if I can load all of my previous PA3X setups, styles, sounds,
MP3 backing tracks, song book, etc, in one shot it might decrease the time needed for setup also?
Now I surely could do this or do I wait for Yamaha to come out with a NEW S-950 predecessor of some kind & hope they improve on what I need now out of it. Or just forget the whole thing and continue making music and forget all the foolishness confused1

Thoughts?

Edited by Dnj (01/27/15 11:33 AM)

#398783 - 01/27/15 11:38 AM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny, You're a busy working pro, why not just add to your arsenal and buy a PA900, you'll have the best of both worlds.

#398784 - 01/27/15 11:46 AM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Donny, You're a busy working pro, why not just add to your arsenal and buy a PA900, you'll have the best of both worlds.

Steve all good thoughts but Im a One KB man I hate having wasted gear all around,...if I don't use every day It's gone period cool2 ..... but that's just me..& a backup KB is a waste of money imo. when was the last time you needed a backup?....if something breaks no biggie, one phone call and I have one on the way next day air,.....I can do the gig with a laptop or even with my cell phone if needed also my entire show every song, using every styles, backing track is recorded over 600 songs just for that purpose.. .....so to answer your question NO its not for me buddy...

Take care

Edited by Dnj (01/27/15 11:47 AM)

#398789 - 01/27/15 11:54 AM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thing is, Donny, there is no guarantee that the S950's replacement will have any changes in navigation...I'm guessing it may not.

It will all depend on how many present users feel that the S950's navigation is inadequate/problematic for their needs.

Also, your needs may not be the norm for S950 users...I haven't been on any S950 forums, so I can't answer that question...maybe you can.

I hope they do make the changes you feel is necessary...I just wouldn't bet the bank on it.

Ian

#398790 - 01/27/15 11:56 AM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Steve all good thoughts but Im a One KB man I hate having wasted gear all around,...if I don't use every day It's gone period cool2 ..... but that's just me..& a backup KB is a waste of money imo. when was the last time you needed a backup?....if something breaks no biggie, one phone call and I have one on the way next day air,.....I can do the gig with a laptop or even with my cell phone if needed also my entire show every song, using every styles, backing track is recorded over 600 songs just for that purpose.. .....so to answer your question NO its not for me buddy...

Take care

You have your bases covered no doubt about it. I never needed a back up keyboard but it sure is enjoyable being able to play both Yammie and Korg.

#398791 - 01/27/15 12:05 PM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Thing is, Donny, there is no guarantee that the S950's replacement will have any changes in navigation...I'm guessing it may not.

It will all depend on how many present users feel that the S950's navigation is inadequate/problematic for their needs.

Also, your needs may not be the norm for S950 users...I haven't been on any S950 forums, so I can't answer that question...maybe you can.

I hope they do make the changes you feel is necessary...I just wouldn't bet the bank on it.

Ian

That's what I was afraid of Ian also ...Yamaha is slow on listening to what players want and need but they do make a great sounds arranger KB like the S950....Im in no rush at all..2 years in I'm sort of Weened lol

#398803 - 01/27/15 01:04 PM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, buy the 900, I'll give you $500 for your S-950 and throw in a PSR-3000 to boot. How's that for a deal? wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#398812 - 01/27/15 02:34 PM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, buy the 900, I'll give you $500 for your S-950 and throw in a PSR-3000 to boot. How's that for a deal? wink

Gary cool

Gary thanx for the offer,....the 3k is going on ebay for $700-$900
I just don't want to go thru the hassle of listing, selling, boxing, shipping, etc,..at this point I'm open to cash or even trade for PA900 if at all with a 3 day or less shipping wait so I can set up the S-950.. keys sorry.

#398815 - 01/27/15 03:04 PM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Send me some pix of the 950. I may know someone interested.

#398817 - 01/27/15 03:28 PM Re: KORG PA900 keeps pulling me in But........... [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Your a great singer Donny (I have one of your CD's)...so why not just forget the foolishness & enjoy the 950...it is a great KB.
If you like the styles, features, sounds of the 900 better than make the switch..if not...why not just stay where you are.

As you know...right now I am trying the vA2 approach...we will see how it works out. (good so far).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online