SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#398635 - 01/25/15 01:54 AM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
One last thought - name and save a setting for any old tune/song to any, as far as you are aware, working SD Card through the keyboard. Then close everything down and after a while switch the keyboard on again and see whether that saving shows up when you press the yellow SD load button.

#398683 - 01/25/15 04:28 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Roger, you are clever (but not yet brilliant).
That procedure does work i.e. I load a registration with a Song title from a disc,then I save to a SD card folder with title in the Song section.
Then I load from SD card to KB and it behaves as normal, but all the other folders which should be full are not showing any titles or any content.
Half an hour later.........I decided to try another SD card again...VOILA!!!!!! everything is still there and loaded OK (provided I turn the KB off, load card, and then on again.
So obviously the original card has been wiped clean.
I am certain that I did try other cards, but maybe my birth date is getting the better of me. I am going to check with Keith because he was present when this first occurred because he was using my computer to save Mike's 200 sounds from Yammy
Thankfully I had a back-up card although not completely up to date but recent enough for me to stay sane.
Many thanks again Roger for your insight and which is a reminder that we must go through all options with this "BLOODY marvellous" technology when a "fault" arises.
Sorry Roger,you are BRILLIANT
Ray
(The Happy Saint)

Keith has confirmed I did try other SD cards at the time which did not work.So I am not quite stoopid (yet)!!!!

#398696 - 01/26/15 03:48 AM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I'm only glad that you've got backed up info somewhere...otherwise it would have been a long old job. Remember you only have to switch off the keyboard too quickly whilst saving something and it has the unfortunate effect of wiping everything or appearing to wipe everything on that SD Card.

#398704 - 01/26/15 09:50 AM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Ray, in the KN7000 folder of the SD card, there is a file with the name KN7000mn.inf. That file contains, among other things, all the long names for the SD card content. When it becomes corrupted, you usually lose all indications of SD content. There is also a KN7000mn.bak file that is a backup of the .inf file. If you delete the KN7000mn.inf file and rename the .bak file .inf, you may be able to recover the song names.

#398738 - 01/27/15 05:19 AM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Thanks Bob, but still not successful yet. There is nothing showing in folders or files. It appears to load but the KB says the file is empty. When reinstalled in the computer it shows all the files ?????????
Still trying.
Ray

#398739 - 01/27/15 05:25 AM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
designserve Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
Hi Ray, your SD Card is definitely corrupted. I'll try to fix it via email with you as discussed but it might not be possible. The good thing is that we can definitely get the files to be read again but the bad thing is that they might have to be renamed, which might take you a while.
https://wsa1.technicskeyboards.com/
KN7000 KN6500 KN6000 KN5000 KN3000 KN2600 KN2000 KN1000 KN901 KN800 P50 WSA1 AX7 GA3 PR804 Liverpool Tyros 3

#398771 - 01/27/15 11:03 AM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Mike is right. The files are still there. Your .inf file is corrupted and couldn't be recovered with the backup file because subsequent saves were used which overwrote the inf and bak files. When this problem first occurs, you need to use the backup file before any file saving takes place.

If you do have another SD card with almost identical content, you can copy it's .inf file to the KN7000 folder of the bad SD card and recover a lot of the file names.

#398819 - 01/27/15 03:57 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Hi Mike and Bob,
Thanks for the info, it is a bit above my head (I'm a player and a lover)but with Keith's help we might get through it.
Incidentally it has done it again on another card.
Ray

#398820 - 01/27/15 04:02 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Hi Mike,
That can be arranged and the renaming might be a chore, but If it is the folders to be renamed, that will be easy, if it is the song files, that will take longer, but I can cross reference from my music books where I have the required file numbers marked.
Ray

#398822 - 01/27/15 04:09 PM Re: Hard Drive [Re: The Saint]
designserve Offline

Loc: Wales, UK
It will be the song files and the folders probably but at least you will be able to then do a backup.... and I daresay you will backup every time after going through that pain.....

If you know what songs are in what directories you will be able to rename them on your PC which is much quicker. But anyway, send me backup files and let's see what we can do.
https://wsa1.technicskeyboards.com/
KN7000 KN6500 KN6000 KN5000 KN3000 KN2600 KN2000 KN1000 KN901 KN800 P50 WSA1 AX7 GA3 PR804 Liverpool Tyros 3

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online