SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 >
Topic Options
#398268 - 01/16/15 06:39 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

Gary sounds like your on your way to a wonderful vacation,........keep us posted of your daily activities in the Sunny South!!

#398307 - 01/16/15 07:48 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm in Punta Gorda, performed at the Fisherman's Village Marina this evening - too dark for photos, but some of the ladies did shoot some that I don't have access to. Good crowd, about 50 people on the "B" Dock, did two plus hours, had a fantastic dinner at the marina restaurant, met with some old friends, drank some Jim Beam Honey, and checked in at the Holiday Inn Express about 40 minutes ago.

Tomorrow, breakfast with our friends, then off to the Keys. About a 6 hour drive from here. If I feel OK, I'll be playing in the Tiki Hut tomorrow evening at the City Marina in Marathon. I have my voice back, but still a bit short on lung capacity for carrying the longer notes. I can hide it from the audiences right now, and with luck I will improve over time. At least I hope that's the case.

BTW: Last night, Eddie Shoemaker did one of the best renditions of Honky Tonk Part II that I've ever heard. I sincerely hope that he records it one day and posts it here. Eddie is a really great musician.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#398309 - 01/16/15 07:58 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

Glad your havin fun.......videos pics soon can't wait....wheres you next gig ?

#398310 - 01/16/15 08:01 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

Marathon City Marina, tomorrow evening 6;30 till 10 p.m.

Gary cool

#398311 - 01/16/15 08:39 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The trees are all weird ...

#398323 - 01/17/15 05:11 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

Yeah, I noticed that. They have all this green stuff on them. I think they're called leaves, something they don't have this time of year back home. Sure purdy, though. wink

Gary cool

#398405 - 01/19/15 07:29 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

So Gary you all set up in the Keys now...?.. cool2

#398406 - 01/19/15 08:07 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

Yep, finally got the wifi to work here at the house we're renting, the weather is fantastic, light winds, crystal clear blue skies, turquoise colored water, swaying coconut palms, 73 degrees. I'm playing at the Marathon City Marina Tiki Hut Saturday nights, and I'll probably line up two more locations to play weekly. I'm not here to work - I'm here to piss away the children's inheritance, and doing a damned good job of it. wink

I'll shoot some photos and post them in a few minutes, but for some strange reason, the card reader on my PC will not read the video files. Guess I'll have to buy a USB cable for the video camera so I can post some vids.

Gary cool

#398409 - 01/19/15 08:16 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Yep, finally got the wifi to work here at the house we're renting, the weather is fantastic, light winds, crystal clear blue skies, turquoise colored water, swaying coconut palms, 73 degrees. I'm playing at the Marathon City Marina Tiki Hut Saturday nights, and I'll probably line up two more locations to play weekly. I'm not here to work - I'm here to piss away the children's inheritance, and doing a damned good job of it. wink

I'll shoot some photos and post them in a few minutes, but for some strange reason, the card reader on my PC will not read the video files. Guess I'll have to buy a USB cable for the video camera so I can post some vids.

Gary cool

Great news Gary....cant wait to see he videos and pics...
have a great time in the SUN (jealous)!! cool2

#398433 - 01/19/15 01:51 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

Here's where I'm at till the weather gets warm up north.

view of the back of the house from the dock.

When the weather's a bit chilly, 70, these critters show up to get warm on the dock.

Sometime they bring friends

The view down the canal from the dock.

Another day in Paradise,

Gary cool

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online