SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39833 - 07/11/06 01:24 PM Repairer in kent area for KN 7000
Chris Housley Offline

Hi again everyone,
im after a good repairer to locate a simple fault on ky 7000, when using the Footswitch controller (technote fc2) sometimes the rythum will stop itself!!, very embarrising when performing a 'live' gig , i have been told it may be a dry joint on the Footswitch pin/board which is located at the back of the Keyboard (inside).So i will need to order a new plug/pin and the board - Where would i get this from and most important is their a good guy out their who will fit this? . I live in Kent.
Hope someone can throw some light for me.
Regards, Chris.

#39834 - 07/12/06 01:06 AM Re: Repairer in kent area for KN 7000
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hi Chris,
What I did in a similar situation (different switch, different country ) was to contact the dealer I bought the KN from and ask him for the details of the service person that he used for Technics. You should find that he has all the manuals, parts lists etc, and the knowledge to fix your problem. I regard that phone number as worth it's weight in gold. I also bought a hardly used KN7000 as a spare about the same time. Also worth it's weight in gold!!!
Hey the best thing about the Tyros might be that it brings some good 2nd hand KNs onto the market
Good luck
Regards to all
Eddie

#39835 - 07/12/06 03:35 AM Re: Repairer in kent area for KN 7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Chris,

Before you go to the expense of a repair, check your Foot Controller setup. When I first had my FC I was always 'nudging' the first pedal which, obviously, the keyboard was quick to react to. To avoid this, I set pedal 1 to "Fill-in 2" so if this happened, no one would notice as the keyboard just gave me a 'fill-in'. I then set the rest of the pedals as required then using the CUSTOMIZE button, pressed 'DATA CONTROL' and switched the Foot Controller to "ON" It worked, and was fine until I loaned my keyboard to someone else who obviously used his own setups and when I got it back I was unaware that he had changed my setups, so I was back to 'square one'. However, it took me some time and several embarrassing moments to realise what had happened when of course, I quickly remedied the situation.

The point you have to remember is that if the DATA CONTROL isn't switch to "ON" then whenever a floppy or an SD Card is loaded, the keyboard will log the latest settings and will react accordingly. So I would suggest you check all your settings in this area first, it could save you a lot of money.

Hope you understand all this if not email me privately and we'll go on from there. Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

#39836 - 07/12/06 04:42 AM Re: Repairer in kent area for KN 7000
Chris Housley Offline

Thank you all for your reply's. I will check your suggestion audrey - But have located someone who is going to fit a new switch , just for peace of mind!!. Thanks to 'Mike' at Technics for his very valid support today when i spoke to him.
Cheers.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online