SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39826 - 02/27/02 04:40 PM ALERT - Failed shoulder strap clip mechanism - Technics Bag
Paulyn Offline

Loc: Cathedral City, CA, USA
I was transporting my brand new KN6500 in my brand new carrying bag when the swivel catch mechanism on the shoulder starp separated and my keyboard fell to the sidewalk. It would appear that, even though the bag is sold to transport the KN6500, the shoulder strap 'catch mechanism' cannot support the weight of the Kboard.
Sadly, my keyboard is badly damaged.
BEWARE!!!

#39827 - 02/27/02 06:56 PM Re: ALERT - Failed shoulder strap clip mechanism - Technics Bag
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Paulene,
Please advise us the make and model of the keyboard bag in case one of us has the same bag and the super heavy kn6 or 65. We don't want to use it after what happened to you.
Thanks,
BEBOP

#39828 - 02/27/02 09:19 PM Re: ALERT - Failed shoulder strap clip mechanism - Technics Bag
Paulyn Offline

Loc: Cathedral City, CA, USA
The bag was the Technics padded bag distributed for the KN6500 (?KN6000)The bag was labelled TECHNICS on the front pocket. It has a single shoulder strap that clips first on one side of the bag and then crosses over and clips on the opposite side. The clips are plastic and have a swivel mechanism (that failed) and a snap, pincer like, clip.

#39829 - 02/28/02 11:46 AM Re: ALERT - Failed shoulder strap clip mechanism - Technics Bag
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Paulyn, ..... so sorry to hear of your misfortune .... hopefully, technics will step up and make this right for you .... along with your word of caution, I have a bag, made by someone else, with the same type of mechanism, and while I put the strap over my shoulder, I also grip the handle as well ....
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 02-28-2002).]

#39830 - 02/28/02 12:08 PM Re: ALERT - Failed shoulder strap clip mechanism - Technics Bag
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
It is interesting to note that the gig bag I bought from Technote USA in Los Angeles, California area, has all chrome steel hardware and to lock on the shoulder strap you have to really push hard to open the clasp that then locks over the steel triangle. There is no way this one could come apart. The strap is adjustable for length and all nylon as the bag is also. I though it was an excellent price too.
I have looked at the Technics Bag and it is NOT fail proof. BE CAUTIOUS
BEBOP

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online