SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#398144 - 01/12/15 07:13 PM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Like others, I’ve sold and purchased new speakers for years, always looking for something better in an affordable price range. I may have found it with two compacts and a Yamaha arranger. Now, what to do with those new Mackies---model 350 v3? I used the Mackies about a half dozen times and just couldn’t get accustomed to the sound. Thankfully, there are lots of options in speaker systems. My taste in live audio is that clear, clean, hi-fi sound that Bose seems to produce. Traditional speakers just don’t excite anymore. Also, I really like the sound of powered studio monitors over traditional PA speakers. I’ve had good luck with those setups, as well, in live solo playing.

#398145 - 01/12/15 07:18 PM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
OK....I see them used...but they must have been replaced by another model.I will do some research. So, do they sound as good better as the ones for T4 from Yamaha?

Do you use them on your T4 at home?
Thanks,
Lee

#398148 - 01/12/15 09:03 PM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leeboy
Ian,
OK....I see them used...but they must have been replaced by another model.I will do some research. So, do they sound as good better as the ones for T4 from Yamaha?

Do you use them on your T4 at home?
Thanks,
Lee

Hi Lee...to me they sounded better than the system included with the demo Tyros3 I had...I didn't compare them with the T4's optional speakers as I didn't get them with the keyboard, and, on our clinics, we used a stereo PA system.

I also used them on the S910 I had at my old house, and they were wicked!

The sub-woofer is amazing and actually quite heavy.

I'm presently using my trusty Yamaha MS-60S powered monitors here in the apartment...I have the Z-2300's hooked up to the television I use exclusively for playing my PlayStation2 and GT4 driving game.

Ian

#398149 - 01/12/15 11:56 PM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As I said, I don't know what the current equivalent would be.
I actually played a number of small jobs with the Z 2200s. They handled up to 50 people quite easily and they sound terrific. I used to keep them in a bag for backup system or for when I needed a second setup.
Probably the best value for the dollar I've ever seen .
Also Logitech offers terrific support. I know Gary Diamond had a problem with one and they sent him a new one and told him to keep the old one.
I bought my first set from DNJ and liked it so much I bought a second set new. We made stands for the satellites out of fold-up music stands. We velcroed the remote to the sub and transport it all in a small duffel bag. That's not a good idea though. I never had a problem, but Gary had a couple go out and after Logitech replaced them they told him that the vibration from the sub at high volume was causing connections inside the remote control to break down!
I sold my second set to my friend Dean Mathis and he is still using it to play small nursing homes. Must be close to ten years old now!

#398159 - 01/13/15 06:54 AM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: DonM]
leeboy Offline

Thanks..guys for the input...
I will go a few places to listen to these types...and let you know what I discover,
Lee

#398213 - 01/14/15 04:43 PM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I would suggest the HK Nano 300. You could place the satellite speakers anywhere in the room and put the base/bass unit nearer to you for control purposes. Don Mason had a pair for sale recently, $475 ea...

#398219 - 01/14/15 09:24 PM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

One is sold, but I have one left so far. They are great!

#398225 - 01/15/15 06:28 AM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
leeboy Offline

Remember guys...I am playing in a 12x20 room.
I want great quality, but don't need to fill a room full of dancers.
Thanks,
Lee

#398227 - 01/15/15 06:36 AM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bose L1 Compact - does it all!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#398235 - 01/15/15 08:05 AM Re: Active PA..trend toward line array systems [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

One advantage of the Nano 300 over Bose is that you can get true stereo from one unit. Plus the sound is warmer with a little more guts in the bass.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online