The recent thread on active PA systems got me to thinking...

I'm always interested in getting a better sound at a gig...to that end, I'm always reading about, and occasionally trying out new PA systems.

I've owned a number of traditional PA systems to include Yamaha's DXR which are great speakers to my ear.

But since the advent of line array systems...sort of started with the Bose L1 systems, it seems to me that line array is the coming trend.

For example, HK, Maui and Bose(others?)all produce line array(I believe they are line array systems) systems for smaller gigs. Also, Centerpoint is producing a very interesting unique(supposed stereo) speaker system in the Spacestation V.3.

I'm also seeing line array systems produced by Peavey and others..but intended for larger venues.

I've used some form of Bose L1 since they first became available almost 10 years ago. Since then, I've moved to the L1 Compact system, still my go to system.

We play to very small audiences...100 folks or less in smaller venues where these line array systems shine.

But that said, I'm wondering if the days of the more traditional speaker systems are limited?

Curious as usual.

Rog L.

Edited by guitpic1 (01/12/15 12:03 PM)