#399817 - 02/22/15 05:29 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

rotf2

Attachments
fffffffff.jpg

#399823 - 02/22/15 08:26 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Here's where I performed tonight. I was asked by the owner to play a Sunday night jam, and each entertainer has to sign up and only perform three songs. I ended up doing four.

There were a lot of very talented individuals there, most of which sang and played guitar. However, there was a fiddle player

Sorry, no vids of me - Carol only shot stills while I played. The audience loved what I did and wanted to know if I would be back next Sunday.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#399829 - 02/23/15 07:11 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

Looks like they NEED Travelin' Easy performing there NOW!!!!

Would love to see your video performance there or anywhere next time Gary.....
thanx for sharing it's keeping us North Easterners very warm listening......!!

#399848 - 02/23/15 06:01 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

I hate it when you are three hours from performance time and you unexpectedly discover that you're not playing tonight. Yep, that's what happened. I was asked by the management of Cabana Breezes to provide them with a larger and more generic poster so they could hang it on the restaurant window where everyone would see it. I went online, brought up Vista Print, and within six days had some really nice 11 X 17 inch posters delivered to my post office box down here in Paradise. I went to the job to hang one and the waitress said "Gary, did anyone tell you about tonight?" "Nope." "They're holding a fund raiser here tonight and hired a local DJ for the job. You'll be here next Monday, though." That was at 3 this afternoon, and I was supposed to start at 6 p.m.. Fortunately, I had not loaded the van with the gear yet.

Unfortunately, in this business, the musician/entertainer is the last person to find out about changes made by the folks that hire them. Same kind of stuff happens with every band that I know of, especially guys doing weddings. There's always some last minute changes being made by the bride when it comes to the music. Oh well, $hit happens. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#399850 - 02/23/15 06:50 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
In my almost 60 years in this business (did I just say that surprised ) I have had the good fortune of meeting 4 venue owners/managers who actually cared about the musicians ... but that is a rare thing indeed ...

#399911 - 02/25/15 11:58 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

Summer returned to the Florida Keys yesterday, with temperatures in the mid 80s, sunny, and I went fishing with an old friend that I went to middle school with. We had a great day, caught a cooler chest full of porgy and grunt to 11 inches in length, fillet them up and had a great supper of fresh fish fillets and parsley potatoes.

I talked with DonM this morning, he's experiencing some up north weather with about 4 inches of snow on the ground at that time in Benton, LA - WOW! Don's grandson was outside making a snowman. I think he was sculpting Al Gore's face on the snowman. wink

Pretty much everything in LA shuts down when the threat of snow occurs. Keep in mind in that part of the world snow blowers and snow plows do not exist. Consequently, schools, government buildings, and many businesses just close their doors and await warmer weather, which could be the following afternoon.

All you Yankees try and stay warm - I'm headed out to the dock in the backyard to see if I can catch dinner and darken my tan.

Gary cool

#399915 - 02/25/15 12:42 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
In my almost 60 years in this business (did I just say that surprised ) I have had the good fortune of meeting 4 venue owners/managers who actually cared about the musicians ... but that is a rare thing indeed ...

Let's see, that's about 4 more than I've met. However, when I owned my owned night club, I WAS one. smile I found some of the musicians were quite hard to care about though!

#399916 - 02/25/15 12:45 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary, yes, mother nature hit us with a good snow day. However, it only lasted a few hours because the temperature never fell below 32. It will refreeze in a few hours though and roads will have some slick spots. Other than a little sand on some city bridges, people are left to their own devices as far as driving.
All schools and government offices have been closed THREE DAYS because of a little sleet and today's snow. Of course everyone is out driving and playing in it.
Temperature is forecast for 70 degrees again by Saturday.

#399920 - 02/25/15 01:54 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
rosetree
Unregistered

It's a pity all the US snow can't be transferred to the mountains in my region, where some more skiing areas might have to abandon their business after too many warm winters...

#399983 - 02/26/15 05:35 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

Just walked out on the dock to see what sea creatures the underwater light next door attracted. This time I took the Video Camera. Thought you guys may be interested in seeing this.

Gary cool

Page 17 of 21 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online