Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#397981 - 01/09/15 09:29 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Bachus
You could probably get close enough with a Tyros 4/S-950, KORG, Audya, Etc units.. to many of the sounds heard in this video...just sayin' whats all the fuss?

But you could never get the real time comtroll over the sounds, thats what you get with all thos knobs on the fromt side.

For me more brands should make that format of stage piano.... They are perfect underground for your arranger, A setup like this makes 3 keyboard setups possible again... And 2 keyboard setups verry accesible, espescially to all those former organ players enjoying more keybeds/manuals

Lugging 3 KBs to gigs ?. eek2 confused2 surprised sounds like 1965 all over again,... lol

How about finally realising that not everyone gigs on these boards... I dare say the majorrity of people does not gig, yet you as allways seem unable to place yourself in someone elses position, i think i told you thisabout ten times know, yet you allways come with this... Not everything thats important to you is important to others..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#397983 - 01/09/15 09:54 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You could probably get close enough with a Tyros 4/S-950, KORG, Audya, Etc units.. to many of the sounds heard in this video...just sayin' whats all the fuss?

As Bachus says above, there is a lot of real time control on the panel, which, coming from an analog synth background, I really like having.

Also, as Bachus said above, not everyone is going to use these instruments out gigging, but, if needed, this piano wouldn't be all that hard to gig with, plus the Tyros4 would sit on top, negating the need for a double stand.

When gigging, I always allow lots of time for setting up, and I never book more than one gig per day...I just make sure I charge enough so that one gig suffices.

This piano would be a terrific controller for the Tyros4 as well as being a separate lower manual, with obvious room beneath for bass pedals if necessary. I'm primarily interested in this keyboard as one which will be set up in my apartment (we already have a digital piano in the studio) for working on piano based pieces.

Plus, I think it looks really cool! Very much like the love child of an affair between a Fender Rhodes and a Wurlitzer EP-200.

Ian

#397984 - 01/09/15 09:59 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I could see using it in a studio for recording... or a big stage show venue...but for in and out everyday gigging an arranger KB is more then enough...

#397986 - 01/09/15 10:03 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I could see using it in a studio for recording... or a big stage show venue...but for in and out everyday gigging an arranger KB is more then enough...

this guy disagrees with you even on the gigging part...

dance

http://keyszone.boards.net

#397988 - 01/09/15 10:12 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

this guy disagrees with you even on the gigging part...

dance

Which nursing home is that? rotf2

#397991 - 01/09/15 10:32 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The last time I saw someone with that kind of setup as at Carnegie Hall, a guy who was with Harry Belefonte's band. It took him an hour to set up his gear alone, and while he put on one Hell of a show, the very first thing I said to myself, is he could have done the same thing with a single, arranger keyboard and some registrations.

Bachus, not everyone is a full-time, on-stage performer, that's for sure. However, there are a lot of wannabees out there - that I can guarantee you. Home players, for the most part, do not have actual studios - they merely set up their keyboards in some corner of the den or family room and enjoy it's many attributes. As for a dedicated studio, one that is sound-proofed, a room that has been wired for sound devices, plus a separate control room, I seriously doubt that there is more than a half-dozen folks on this forum that has a REAL studio. Yeah, they call their offices studies, or the spare corner of the bedroom a studio, but in reality, having worked in a REAL studio, the expense of putting one in is insanely high. If you can do it for under $20,000 US you should feel very fortunate. I have a nephew that makes his living with his recording studio - he has nearly $50,000 tied up in it and still spending. Some of his vocal mics were over $1,200 each, which is more than the cost of some keyboards. I really don't see the need for that in this situation, but maybe there's something I'm missing.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#397994 - 01/09/15 11:12 AM Re: NAMM Winter 2015 Leaks........ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm pretty lucky having easy access to a professionally set up studio which has some excellent gear in it, plus, I can work in my apartment with the arranger (and anything else I may add) as all my recording work is done through headphones (with playback on a set of Yamaha monitors if needed) and recorded direct to the Tyros4's HD and then sent to PC so all is in the digital domain.

I don't use microphones at home as my work is all instrumental so I don't need soundproofing...just a nice comfortable chair and a pot of tea on the stove.

I suspect most home recording is done the same way; in the digital domain. However, it's also easy to turn a closet into an isolation booth for vocals if necessary...I've seen some real neat ideas and setups over the years.

Studios get pricey when booths are needed for drum kits, or acoustic instruments like grand pianos...also mic'ing Leslie cabinets, and guitar amps requires a certain degree of isolation.

Ian

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online