SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#397657 - 01/03/15 09:53 AM New Years Procrastination
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Instead of the typical New Years resolution, I'm doing something different this year. I'm POSTPONING my renaissance ... by 2 months. I turn 60 on March 1st, and by that time I plan to:

Thin out my lifestyle, as well as my waistline. I will set up the studio that I intend to retire with (retire, HA!) and donate, sell or trade the excess. I have too much "stuff" and less time to enjoy it all, so I'm dedicating the next 2 months to get ready for the changes.

I plan to teach at my school for the next 10 years, pay off my mortgage and go into my twilight years debt free and simplified. I'm optimistic that I have plenty of time because my family has terrific genes, as evidenced by my Mom's 3 older siblings of 99, 97, 90 and she, as the baby at a very heathy 84.

I will go on a full speed campaign that involves a "gear buying FREEZE" and spend quality time learning how to use what I have even better.

I'm blessed to have loyal friends and venues to work with, and I am very excited to start the "wind down" that will begin with a whimper at my next birthday.

So, happy new year to all my zoner pals and stay tunes for the upcoming "garage sale" that's inevitable!

#397660 - 01/03/15 12:25 PM Re: New Years Procrastination [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

What about getting married does that fit into the plans ? just sayin'?....
otherwise good luck with your renaissance as long as it makes YOU Happy.!!

#397662 - 01/03/15 12:53 PM Re: New Years Procrastination [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave, I hear much of going from and little of going to. A wise friend said to me; “Never run from something, instead fun towards something”.

I do not mean that you are running from, but because I read all your posts I was hoping to hear more about some fantastic ideas for the future.

Gary covers that pretty well, but I can’t afford a boat.

John C.

#397666 - 01/03/15 01:53 PM Re: New Years Procrastination [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
All Dave needs is another redhead. Or a brunette with a bottle of dye. smile

#397671 - 01/03/15 03:24 PM Re: New Years Procrastination [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hell, Don, Dave's "Kaintuck" babe could order her some red hair....the same time she places the order for some teeth!

R.

Edited by captain Russ (01/03/15 03:24 PM)

#397674 - 01/03/15 03:38 PM Re: New Years Procrastination [Re: captain Russ]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Hell, Don, Dave's "Kaintuck" babe could order her some red hair....the same time she places the order for some teeth!

R.

You know it's bad when she smiles and someone says, "Nice tooth!"

Ian

#397720 - 01/04/15 09:25 PM Re: New Years Procrastination [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Yes, if the right redhead shows up - all bets are OFF!

#397771 - 01/05/15 05:14 PM Re: New Years Procrastination [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

OK - garage sale is in session! I just booked a Disney Vaca for my daughter, grandson and I - gotta get him to see the mouse before the magic fades. I've been saving a little money for just such a deal, and today ... the deal came in. YAY!
I'll post a list of "gotta go" items as soon as I can.
Teaser:
Drum set, guitar effects, vocal effects, guitar amp, mandolin, flutes, clarinets (2) .... much more!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online