Loc: Benton, LA, USA

#397647 - 01/02/15 02:17 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM

Edited by Dnj (01/02/15 02:18 PM)

#397648 - 01/02/15 03:44 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Simple, I love the Nanos but the Compact is a better fit right now.

#397649 - 01/02/15 04:08 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

Edited by travlin'easy (01/02/15 04:08 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#397650 - 01/02/15 07:37 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Interesting, Don. I used my Nano exclusively since I bought it from Frank and I love it...

BUT

...I plan to go back to my Compact now.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Nano 300. It is bright, ballsy, strong - everything you want in a small portable PAS. If I had to start from scratch I would probably pick up a Nano simply because it's unbeatable at its price point.

The Compact is as stellar as the Nano and does everything I need. It's sound is full and encompasses every corner of my venues. Subjectively, I find the Compact ever so much more satisfying. It's biggest negative is that it's more expensive; just enough to make many think twice. Now, I was able to almost steal mine from a student who needed tuition money, so I'm happy to say I have one.

Anyone looking for a compact system should really consider Don's pair of Nanos. Two for about the price of a new Compact.

#397651 - 01/02/15 08:05 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Like most everyone here, I tried nearly every conventional sound system available before switching to Bose. I think Uncle Dave was the first to switch to Bose, and I was second. Now, I have not used the Nano, and while the reviews have been stellar, the Bose systems have been incredible.

A while back someone mentioned that they would not be good outdoors. I've personally done dozens of outdoors parties with them and they had more than enough of everything to get the job done. I performed at a very large marina in Marathon, Florida and ironically, some of the folks anchored out on their boats a quarter mile from the tiki hut where I was performing told me the next day that the music sounded great. When I said I didn't see them at the Tiki Hut, they said they were at the anchorage area, which is exactly 1/4-mile away across the water. The said the music was plenty loud, crisp and clear. I was astounded to say the least considering I was using a single compact. So, anyone that says the Bose L1 Compact or L1 PAS doesn't have the balls for the job really doesn't have a clue what they area talking about.

Yes, the Bose systems are very expensive, but I only want the best for my audiences. I don't want overwhelming bass while at the same time sacrificing clarity. I want a well balanced system. With Bose, I no longer require a monitor, there is essentially no falloff, the distribution of sound is unsurpassed, no hot spots or dead spots, no speaker stands to lug around, and everything is lightweight and compact. I love it when another musician comes up to me and asks where he can get this system, or when someone walks up and asks where the speakers are. smile

I'm confident that the HK systems will do an adequate job for most situations and provide reasonably high quality sound for most venues. Maybe I'm just old and cantankerous, but I want the best of the best for my audiences - and that's what I got with the Bose systems. Thanks Uncle Dave for once again leading me in the right direction.

Gary cool

#397656 - 01/03/15 09:44 AM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
smile
Gary, you're a good student.

#397661 - 01/03/15 12:27 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

IMO if you really have to use a BC at least use Two units...

Edited by Dnj (01/03/15 12:29 PM)

#397665 - 01/03/15 01:52 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

I do on larger jobs. 200 ppl or more.

Gary

#397668 - 01/03/15 02:06 PM Re: Nano 300 Systems for sale [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I don't have to use a Bose Compact, but I prefer to in most situations. I always use two. I do stereo regardless of what sound reinforcement system I'm using. Even when I'm playing at home!
By the way, two of the guitar player/singers playing at Ernest's, after hearing my system for the first time, went home and ordered Bose Compacts. Both had been using big powered speakers, one Yamahas, the other JBLs.
For my situation, it doesn't get any better than the Bose Compacts, although the Nanos are VERY close.
I actually prefer their sound up close, but the Compacts cover the room a little differently.
If I were playing larger venues, I'd either go back to the full size Bose L1s, or check out the larger Lucas or other new line-array systems. Never again would I entertain the thought of using conventional speakers.
My criteria for a sound system: 1. Sound 2. Weight and ease of portability/setup time 3. Extra features 4. Price.
I can set up in 10 minutes, carry every piece of gear with one hand, and get it all in a fairly small vehicle with ease. Still, if it didn't sound great, I wouldn't be using it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online