SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#397548 - 12/29/14 11:18 PM HK Element system
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Heard this FANTASTIC sound from a outdoor venue at the beach. Powerful, really powerfull bass for outside?

When I came closer, I was blown away by the small size of the sound system. At first it looked like a Bose system, but I know that a Bose could NEVER produce such loud sound outside.

When the show was over, I spoke to the owner. It was an HK Element system. Bass bins use two double 10" speakers only on each side.

He told me how he could transport only one double 18" bass bin at a time before in his bakkie & then had to go fetch the next one. One day he came across someone asking why he uses such heavy equipment and introduced him to the HK Element range.

I was so impressed by the sound quality & power that I will most definitely get us something similar in future. We work ONLY outdoors.

He said he could easily do 1500 people with his, but I sat far away & could still feel that crystal clear bass sound pumping. I'm sure he could do more...

On top of that, every speaker is active & modular. You just plug the next one into the lrevious one. To tops came in sets of four, he used two of those sets on each side. The little bass bins are good for 600watts each, so plenty of power.

I was amazed, to say the least. I have never yet come across any sound system that impressed me more!

Cheers all,

Henni

#397551 - 12/30/14 01:40 AM Re: HK Element system [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Oh yes,

He mentioned that his bass bins weighs only 27 kilos each. Really, but really stunning. You can plug in as many sets of 4 each tops as you require. Just plug the cables into the ones just below.

Bass bins has built in cross overs. Everything you guys said about the Bose system, I heard for myself. Only much, much louder. Never knew such crystal clear sound could be had at all!

For larger crowds, he just uses two identical sets on each side. I've never wanted any sound system more than this one.

Henni

#397554 - 12/30/14 03:20 AM Re: HK Element system [Re: Henni]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Henni..
I have the same element system with 4 bass bins (2 Active 2 passive) and 6 mid/high units, you can break it down or upsize to any configuration you want, no need for stands and very easy quick set up. I did a Xmas Party Karaoke And Yes, the sound immediately drew everyones attention. Not your conventional looking PA set up, but the clarity ,depth and power in them can only be heard to be appreciated.
Also another big plus is the feedback resentment on these are incredible also.

Attachments
image.jpg

image.jpg

#397557 - 12/30/14 04:52 AM Re: HK Element system [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Wow,

I envy you my friend. That was the BEST sound I've ever heard & I'm not saying this lightly.

Since that day, only five or so days ago, everytime I close my eyes I visualize such a system for ourselves.

I guess to all others, just as unbelievable as the Bose description might have sound to you at first, would this sound to you for outdoor use should I even try to explain! One thing is for sure: in the not too distant future we'll have one of our own for outdoor use only!

Thanks for the feedback Ky. It seems when it comes to arrangers & sound that you purchase only the best available. I can learn a lot from you!

Cheers my friend,

Henni

#397561 - 12/30/14 05:35 AM Re: HK Element system [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

Heard this FANTASTIC sound from a outdoor venue at the beach. Powerful, really powerfull bass for outside?

When I came closer, I was blown away by the small size of the sound system. At first it looked like a Bose system, but I know that a Bose could NEVER produce such loud sound outside.

When the show was over, I spoke to the owner. It was an HK Element system. Bass bins use two double 10" speakers only on each side.

He told me how he could transport only one double 18" bass bin at a time before in his bakkie & then had to go fetch the next one. One day he came across someone asking why he uses such heavy equipment and introduced him to the HK Element range.

I was so impressed by the sound quality & power that I will most definitely get us something similar in future. We work ONLY outdoors.

He said he could easily do 1500 people with his, but I sat far away & could still feel that crystal clear bass sound pumping. I'm sure he could do more...

On top of that, every speaker is active & modular. You just plug the next one into the lrevious one. To tops came in sets of four, he used two of those sets on each side. The little bass bins are good for 600watts each, so plenty of power.

I was amazed, to say the least. I have never yet come across any sound system that impressed me more!

Cheers all,

Henni

http://hkaudio.us/products.php?sid=15

#397564 - 12/30/14 08:24 AM Re: HK Element system [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Dnj,

Great link. Now you can understand my excitement.

Not sure if the bottom pic is his spesific setup. What I can tell you, we ALWAYS perform outside and I now what kind of power is required to produce good sound in such an environment. His system was on the pavement, facing the sea. We sat almost 200 metres away on the rocks and the sound was loud, the base thumping & crystal clear. And the wind was blowing.

we have a lot of oomph in our sound trailer. I will rip it out any time & replace with this system. If you ever get the chance, let someone demo this system to you.

Cheers my friend,

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online