SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39723 - 01/22/03 02:20 AM Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
zeetha Offline

I've got a PX7 which plays 8 notes, then is silent for 8, then plays 8 etc. Does anyone have any idea what is going on, and also know where I could get a copy of the manual from? I've done some searching online but haven't found anything and the model isn't listed on the Panasonic site.

Thanks!

Z

#39724 - 01/22/03 02:34 AM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Zeetha,
I too have a PX7 (pretty old now huh! ) but I keep it for sentimental reasons. I once had a similar problem to this ...twice actually.

The first time the contacts on the underneath the keys needed cleaning. My dealer arranged this repair as it was quite a job.

The second time the transpose slider switch was loose and was getting stuck between positions. Tightened it up and no problem since. Maybe you could check all the slider switches to make sure the contacts are firm and not inbetween settings?

I do have the manual so if there is anything specific you want to know give me a shout.
Best to you
Tony W

#39725 - 01/22/03 02:44 AM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
zeetha Offline

Thank you for your quick reply Tony!

I've already had it repaired once (electronics cracked!), and the dealers shown no interest in fixing it again (they had a hard job fixing it the first time). I don't know how I'd go about fixing the two things you suggested, but maybe I'll take the cover off and take a look...

I was interested in the manual to find out about its MIDI capabilities - I have a friend who might be interested in having it just for that purpose.

Thanks again!

Z

#39726 - 01/22/03 04:25 AM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Zeetha,
I can imagine that they are not too eager to work on it. It is a bit of a beast to work on and is so old they would probably have trouble sourcing parts.

As a midi controller it would work fine. I often used it to control a korg i40m module with no problem and used it to control the kn6000 via midi if I wanted the weighted keys. I have a yamaha 9000pro now and again the PX7 works flawlessly as a midi controller.

I will root my scanner out (it is in a box somewhere) and will scan as much of the manual as I can for you. There is a whole section on the PX7's midi capabilities. You will have to give me a couple of days but I will do it as soon as I have some time.

Best to you
Tony W

#39727 - 01/22/03 04:51 AM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
zeetha Offline

Thank you, that would be fantastic!! I really would like to get some use out of it, as it seems a shame just to throw it away... Theres no rush on getting it to me, I just would like to have one at some point.

Thanks again!

Z

#39728 - 02/16/08 02:57 AM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
just got a PX7 with some minor defects. Need to open the thing but I do not know. Removing srews from front or rear cover has no effect, cannot remove any of the covers. Can you give me a helping hand?

Thanks!

Tom

#39729 - 02/16/08 03:15 PM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
Hi there Tony

I have tried sending you an e-mail, but it tells me that your e-mail address is not valid.

Kind regards

Midge

#39730 - 02/19/08 03:33 AM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
Keyboardcapers Offline

Hi there zeetha

I maybe wrong, but is the PX7 that you have ? http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/3056/a/r/e/google

Its just that I have gone into here http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/emu-m-2086.html
and found the manual for it.

Hope it helps.

Midge

#39731 - 02/19/08 07:45 AM Re: Technics PX7 Help/Info Required
Keyboardcapers Offline

01-22-2003 mmmmmmmmm
http://digital-piano.technics.en.audiofanzine.com/products/index,idproduit,12173 4,mao,px7.html

Okay maybe I’ll go back to bed!!

Damn the senior moments! Is it only me that gets them?

[This message has been edited by Keyboardcapers (edited 02-19-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online