SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#396834 - 12/06/14 07:44 AM TC Helicon FX150 Any info ?
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I guess I'm bored today so I'm getting GAS. Been kicking around a monitor/mixer idea for awhile and revisited this unit.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicesolo-fx150/

Does anyone own one or has anyone demo'd ?

Opinions please. Sweetwater has a demo unit on sale so stop me before I hit the buy button !!

#396835 - 12/06/14 07:57 AM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

#396845 - 12/06/14 10:50 AM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Thanks Donny

Hoping someone here had a hands on experience with the unit. Everything looks good in the demo videos.
I'm trying to avoid getting just a small mixer since I sometimes need to hook up two mics. My BK9 has a single input so if I have to get something I'd rather have it do double duty.
I think this unit would also be great for an acoustic piano gig where you wanted to add some vocals.

#396846 - 12/06/14 10:56 AM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Bill - I give it a 2 thumbs up. I bought one ... loved it, but got a special rebate deal with my new VL3 (got another one FREE), so I sold it to my coworker at school, who plays a lot of solo piano gigs (yes, I said GIGs .... geeeze). He uses it as a solo PA when he plays grand pianos or as a personal monitor when he does his electronic thing, using a Casio 88 key digital with some iPod tracks. Sounds great - it's lightweight, and contrary to my initial review - is quite stable on a mic stand.
The Reverb is wonderful, and sounds great as a stand alone-coffee house rig. Vocal, guitar and trax ,,, all separate EQ and even gives a vocal canceler for the iPod in case you take the odd request for a tune that needs backing.

#396847 - 12/06/14 11:02 AM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Thanks, thats the opinion I needed. Gotta love the reviews from the trenches. And we don't care if you say "GIG"

Thanks

#396848 - 12/06/14 11:12 AM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Thanks, thats the opinion I needed. Gotta love the reviews from the trenches. And we don't care if you say "GIG"

Thanks

Great Bill let us know how you like it!! Good Luck!

#396862 - 12/06/14 07:50 PM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I can recommend the Voice Solo FX150. I got it when it first came out, but have not used it that much. Also, came with a TC Helicon microphone thrown-in. To me, it sounds a lot like the Behringer B205D powered monitor, but with the extra FX. I’ve used the two together in stereo with an arranger for small dinner parties. Worked fine, but not much bass. However, that wasn’t really necessary for such jobs. Had plenty of volume in that situation. Sure beats carrying heavy speakers around.

#396906 - 12/08/14 06:24 AM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: J. Larry]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - lead singer in my band bought one ~4-5 months ago; he's used it on a number of our gigs [Hmm, what's up with the word GIG?! I must have missed that conversation :-) ] ... he likes this monitor/mixer; he uses it just as a monitor and mixer for his guitar and vocal, sending its output to the board. Took some fiddling to get the signal levels all right (to the band's board from the unit, and mixing his vocal and guitar levels etc.) but that was just 'learning curve' I suppose.

I haven't used it directly myself, but he gives it high marks, he told me, for ease of use and good sound quality ...

-Jim

#396909 - 12/08/14 09:20 AM Re: TC Helicon FX150 Any info ? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Thanks guys. I'm seeing some good deals on these on Ebay.
Jim the "gig" thing is from a discussion on the board a while back. Some use the word and some don't like it.
I feel if it pays enough call it anything you want !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online