SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#396106 - 11/19/14 05:21 AM New topic for nGary!
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
Gary, the F key above middle C is about 1/8th of an inch lower than all the other keys! I play almost all songs in F key or C key, and I suppose that is why the key sets lower. I don't know what to do about it, since I don't know where to take the board for repair! I can't send it to Yamaha in California, unless I win the lottery! any good advice for me?

#396176 - 11/20/14 05:46 AM for Gary Diamond [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Gary, my F key above middle C is about1/8 inch lower than the other keys! What can I do about it! Thanks

#396179 - 11/20/14 06:32 AM Re: for Gary Diamond [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It appears that one of the keypads has gone bad. It's not expensive, and fairly easy to replace. You can find detailed instructions and photos on how to do this at the PSR Tutorial site.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#396189 - 11/20/14 10:22 AM Re: New topic for nGary! [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I would make sure you do not have something visible that is stuck above your key as a first step. Many a service call has been simply an eraser from a pensil or something like that. Even if you can not see anything I would tilt the keyboard with the keys facing down and move that key and see if anything falls out.

#396191 - 11/20/14 12:39 PM Re: New topic for nGary! [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
Dnj Offline

it also depends on how hard you're banging the keys when you're playing I've seen guys think they're on a piano versus an arranger keyboard with a light touch...just sayin'

#396195 - 11/20/14 02:06 PM Re: New topic for nGary! [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The very first step is to hold down the key and using canned air, blow a few short blasts below and above the key. This would clear any unseen debris that may hamper the key movement.

I strongly suspect my first assessment is correct, though. Just too many hard hits on that particular key, which resulted in pad failure. It happens. Here are a couple links that will make the job a lot easier:

http://psrtutorial.com/music/projects/contacts.html

http://psrtutorial.com/music/projects/ContactStrips.html

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#396212 - 11/21/14 07:17 AM Re: New topic for nGary! [Re: travlin'easy]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Gary and all that are trying to help! I am scared to take the keyboard apart! I think I will wait until the key doesn't sound and then I will be forced to act! Thanks to all. I do not use the touch control and never have. I have a light touch as I play, so don't know why this has happened! aga9in thanks all!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online