SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39601 - 04/30/06 04:42 PM Composer Accomp Sound
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello:

I think I asked this long long time ago, can't remember and hoping the kind folks here can help out.

When I load a composer, there are times the accomp 1-5 and Bass are an octave either to high or low. I only like to change the octave part of the notes. Composer Step Record seems the only way to edit notes. If the accomp doesn't have that many notes then Step Record edit is ok. But if an accomp uses a lot of notes, this can become tedious. Is there a another method (quicker) in doing this?

I have a PR804 which is the cousing of the KN7000.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

#39602 - 05/01/06 04:25 AM Re: Composer Accomp Sound
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
Is there a another method (quicker) in doing this?
Anthony

certainly, easy record the pattern into the sequencer, in sequencer/copy&paste/apc to smf convert play the composer accomp track(s)into sequencer track(s) 9 onwards. Now in sequencer/range edit/transpose select 12 steps on the required accomp track(s). Then in composer/seq to composer copy simply overwrite the original accomp track(s) with the newly transposed sequencer track(s).

#39603 - 05/01/06 06:00 PM Re: Composer Accomp Sound
AnthonyCian Offline

Thank You Technicsplayer

AnthonyC

#39604 - 05/02/06 09:38 PM Re: Composer Accomp Sound
AnthonyCian Offline

TechnicsPlayer:

I just thought of something and like your thoughts. How about editing the Sound in Sound Edit?

EX: Gospel Organ is in Accomp1 that sounds an Octave to high. Set R1 with Gospel Organ, goto SOUND EDIT.

Method One - Use EASY EDIT and set Octave Shift to -1. This will change the Sound an Octave lower, changing all the tones being used.

Method Two - Go to TONE or PITCH EDIT and change the Key to -12. Using this method means you can pick the tone to change and not have to change all the tones that create the Sound.

Once the above is done, write to Sound Memory "Gospel Organ L". Then in the Composer replace Gospel Organ with Gospel Organ L which is basically an Octave lower.

I'm sure others may have found this out, but like to know if I'm on the right track with Method Two using -12. I'm thinking it's the same concept as PART SETTING page 1, KEY SHIFT.

I know when all is said and done, save to disk, that part is automatic.

Thanks,

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 05-02-2006).]

#39605 - 05/03/06 03:07 AM Re: Composer Accomp Sound
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I use these methods Anthony They work OK!

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#39606 - 05/03/06 03:19 AM Re: Composer Accomp Sound
technicsplayer Offline

absolutely, as they say many ways to skin a cat... that method is slightly simpler, it just means you have to save the sound memory with the composer because will get random results if loading with any other sound memory or initial settings. If the shift is within the composer it does not matter which sound memory is present at any time so is a little safer in that respect.

#39607 - 05/03/06 06:05 PM Re: Composer Accomp Sound
AnthonyCian Offline

Wonderful!

Thanks,
Anthony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online